Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TEFL for online teaching

• 19-06-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I'm wondering if doing an online TEFL course from somewhere like TEFL Academy of Ireland would be enough to get work teaching online.
    I currently work in retail (been caught in the retail cycle for years tbh) and would like to teach online as an opportunity to earn more and to start moving out of retail.
    I have a degree in English and Irish,and a Research Masters in the use of the Irish language. I'm wondering if these qualifications and an online 120hr TEFL course would be enough to secure online teaching work?
    I totally understand that to teach in person or in Ireland that a CELT or CELTA course is the route to go but unfortunately I can't take the time out to do a full time course.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement