Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paralegal Services

Options
  • 19-06-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I know in countries like the states you can hire a paralegal to draw up some documentation required for court when necessary. Is they anything like that here? Google hasn't thrown up any results.

With Flac closed for appointments due to Covid and the courts website a maze I was looking for some assistance with an issue.

Has anyone heard of this type of service being provided ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

LastStop wrote: »
    I know in countries like the states you can hire a paralegal to draw up some documentation required for court when necessary. Is they anything like that here? Google hasn't thrown up any results.

With Flac closed for appointments due to Covid and the courts website a maze I was looking for some assistance with an issue.

Has anyone heard of this type of service being provided ?

It is not provided because it is illegal.

Solicitors Act 1954

58.—(1) This section applies to the following acts:

(a) the drawing or preparing of a document relating to real or personal estate or any legal proceeding,

(b) the procuring or attempting to procure the execution by an Irish citizen of a document relating to—

(i) real or personal estate, or movable or immovable property, situate or being outside the State and the United Kingdom, or

(ii) any legal proceeding, actual or in contemplation, of which the subject-matter is any such estate or property,

(c) the making of an application, or the lodging of a document for registration, under the Registration of Title Act, 1891, or any Act amending that Act, at the Land Registry or to or with a local registering authority,

(d) the taking of instructions for, or drawing or preparing of, documents on which to found or oppose a grant of probate or letters of administration.

(2) An unqualified person who does an act to which this section applies shall, subject to subsection (3) of this section and without prejudice to any other liability or disability to which he may be subject, be guilty of an offence under this section and be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding one hundred pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

So its illegal to hire someone to do it, but a person can do it for themselves.

Many thanks for the detailed reply.

Advertisement