Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dublin Airport

Options
  • 18-06-2021 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭

Have a trip booked in October / November and flying out of dublin early and arriving back in late.

I was thinking of bringing a campervan and paying the extra to arrive the day earlier and leave the day later to take the pressure off the drive home.

It's a ford transit panel van converted (or at least it will be when I finish it)

Will Dublin Airport allow this does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Have a trip booked in October / November and flying out of dublin early and arriving back in late.

I was thinking of bringing a campervan and paying the extra to arrive the day earlier and leave the day later to take the pressure off the drive home.

It's a ford transit panel van converted (or at least it will be when I finish it)

are you proposing to camp out in the van for night or just park it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Isambard wrote: »
    are you proposing to camp out in the van for night or just park it?

Park, or a bit of both. When we get back I can stop somewhere on the services for a few hours kip.

Flight is at 6am, so thinking of driving up and getting there a few hours earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...Will Dublin Airport allow this does anyone know?
    There are usually several motorhomes, vans and small trucks in the long term car parks. I can't see it being a problem but try to avoid taking up 4 spaces like some do as it may only draw attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You won't be able to sleep in the airport car parks so you'd need to book somewhere nearby or wild camp the night before.

Park in the viewing area for your sleep then park in the long-term carpark while you are away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Del2005 wrote: »
    You won't be able to sleep in the airport car parks so you'd need to book somewhere nearby or wild camp the night before.

Why not? Will they check cars and wake you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

markpb wrote: »
    Why not? Will they check cars and wake you?

Interesting question. Not totally bothered about sleeping in the car park itself, I can easily make it to services after / stop on the way up. Moreso that I can park the van there and make use of it on my trip up and down. Its a LWB transit, so not a big wide yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

how would anyone know you're in there asleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isambard wrote: »
    how would anyone know you're in there asleep?

They know you aren't asleep, because you're 200 metres from a live runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Victor wrote: »
    They know you aren't asleep, because you're 200 metres from a live runway.

You underestimate the ability of some people to sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do you mean that he/she won't be allowed to sleep there? Why do you think so? Perhaps it's in some obscure airport bye law but no one is going around checking the 22,000 spaces to see if occupants of vehicles are asleep nor do they care.

Advertisement