Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock phone without hard reset losing data

Options
  • 18-06-2021 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Long story short, something went wrong when I went to set my usual pin on my phone.

Have a redmi note 8 pro, usually I set a pin on it, but today I took it off as it was annoying me having to enter to change options on spotify. However, went back to office and this time without thinking I set password on the phone (set it same my pin).

It gave me option to enter finger print also but x'd out of this.

When I lock the phone, I noticed the mistake as password screen is different to pin screen, and low and behold its not taking my pin (what I believed I had entered as my password- 5 digits) as my password. Absolutely no idea why.

Its a nightmare, work passwords are saved on there, I need my phone to log in for remote work, baby photos, you name it. I know there is option to bypass it but don't want to wipe my data.

Is there a way to bypass it and still keep my info? I can verify everything down to last text, photo and phonecall, I know phone shops will think I robbed it and want access to someone elses info

The passwords for work will be hassle but can be redone, but the baby and wedding photos were stupidly never backed up, I'm an idiot.

Are they a lost cause or is there a way around this? Stressing out big time :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You are likely bunched, what model of phone is it? it might be possible to bypass the security. You would have had to type in the password twice and had it match, maybe try guessing it for a while, using variations on what you thought you typed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭corkie

Method 1: Unlock your Xiaomi phone via Mi account

Step 1. The system will alert you after typing the wrong password five times. Then you can wait for about 30 seconds and try typing the password again.

Step 2. If you still can’t recall the password, you can click “forget password” at the right bottom. Then input your Mi account and Mi account password to unlock it.

Forget your Mi account and Mi account password? You need to continue the following steps:

https://www.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/how-to-unlock-a-xiaomi-phone-when-forgetting-the-password-or-lock-screen-pattern-8885

If the above fails, other options is a wipe of data.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement