Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pandemic has caused me to start objectifying women

Options
  • 17-06-2021 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

You know why?

HSE guidelines re socialization.
    Naturally their policies were aimed at containing virus transmission; they meant well.

"Don't meet face to face", they said.

"Confine your debauchery to online or electronic platforms"
    , they said.

Which I did.

For the last 6 months I largely replaced human contact with about 2 hours every day on every cam chat site on the internet.
    I'm not going to name names cause,
    1) this is afterhours
    2) some of the names of those sites sound kind of nasty

But what I'm saying is, my brain seems to have been mildly re-hardwired to think in those terms.

I was at the grocery store today.

"Excuse me", I hear, as this chick walks around me in the aisle.

I can't help but notice her tight fitting pair of jeans.

"If I tip you 50 tokens, could you loosen them a little sweetie?" - unbelievable, I almost blurted it out.

The border between the cyber world and reality has become increasingly difficult to distinguish.

I'm at the register.
    The check out lady has on a thick rimmed pair of glasses; immediately I'm thinking "that's the strict school teacher look - she probably does some pretty freaky stuff".

In my mind I'm looking around for the button which says, "10 seconds of twerking, 200 tokens", before I snap out of it and realize these Aldi cashiers don't mess around.

I'm not necessarily for or against the idea of objectification I mean, if a lady goes to those lengths and has that much surgery and injections to look pretty well, more power to you, sisters!

Alls I'm saying is, it's actually becoming a concern that at some point I'll be absent minded enough to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement