Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I am bringing my two dogs down to the vet tomorrow to get there teeth cleaned.

Options
  • 17-06-2021 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Anyone know how much this will cost for two small dogs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

AMKC wrote: »

Ask the place your going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Well I hope it’s cheaper than a quote I got today for root canal on one tooth €660.

On your dog question I should think €100 should cover two small dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How long is a price of string. The vet may want to do bloods, then you have the anaesthetic, there may be extractions needed. Certainly more than €100 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

It completely depends on what condition their teeth are in. My small dog is usually around 150-200 plus around 80 for bloods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭micks_address

We have a 9 year old jack Russel that has never had them done. We have tried brushing and powder in his food. When we checked few years ago at vaccinations vet said he would need to be put to sleep and it was 400 or so we were quoted. It’s mainly bad breath the family complain about. He’s outside 8 months of the year and inside for 4 at night. Is cleaning a continuous process? Will it help with breath smell? At his age is it better leave well enough alone at this stage? Sorry op for thread hijack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Our little one has an issue in her anus which is operated on roughly every 3 months. While she was out our very cleaned her teeth too. Plus an antibiotic whole thing came to 100.

Well worth it. Her smile is dazzling;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

We have a 9 year old jack Russel that has never had them done. We have tried brushing and powder in his food. When we checked few years ago at vaccinations vet said he would need to be put to sleep and it was 400 or so we were quoted. It’s mainly bad breath the family complain about. He’s outside 8 months of the year and inside for 4 at night. Is cleaning a continuous process? Will it help with breath smell? At his age is it better leave well enough alone at this stage? Sorry op for thread hijack

The dog could be in pain with rotting teeth. 9 is no where near too old for professional teeth cleaning as long as he is in good health otherwise. Teeth decay can lead to serious health problems such as heart disease.

Dogs should have their teeth brushed every day.

You should have asked the vet the costs in advance.

I'd budget at least €100 to €150 per dog. I think my vet charged around €120 but that was a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thanks for all the replys. Yes I should have asked the Vet when I booked it but only thought about that after never the less they are getting there teeth done and they are worth whatever its costs anyway. They are perfectly healthy so I want them to have nice clean teeth too. I used to find there breath a problem but the nuts I give them now actually helps there breath to smell good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks for all the replys. Yes I should have asked the Vet when I booked it but only thought about that after never the less they are getting there teeth done and they are worth whatever its costs anyway. They are perfectly healthy so I want them to have nice clean teeth too. I used to find there breath a problem but the nuts I give them now actually helps there breath to smell good.

Which nuts do you used? We use burns sensitive

• Advertisement

If your dog's breath is very bad, you really should get them checked out by the vet.

Bad breath in dogs can also be a sign of kidney disease.

Ms

Well I asked this morning and it ain't gona be cheap but I do not mind be because they are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Good luck to the doggies… and your wallet lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Anyone had their dogs teeth cleaned recently? Wondering how much it costs today. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

When our Yorkie goes in it’s about €200, he gets a CBC as well at least one tooth pulled. I brush our Pomeranian’s teeth b/c a: she likes it and b: it means no descaling or anesthesia. She gets a couple of fresh chicken wings a week to that help keep them looking good.

Ms

Oh I hope your not giving her the chicken bone. That would not be good for her insides. Lamp bone and steak bone are the beat two bones you can give to a dog.

As far as getting teeth cleaned yes I think it was around 200 Euros but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Yes she gets raw chicken wings as well as lamb ribs, no weight bearing bones.

Ms

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

I paid 524 euro for a whippet & a 16 year old jack russell both had extractions & post op fluids to bring them back quickley. The fluids alone were 100 euro.

Advertisement