Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Through Europe

Options
  • 17-06-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Has anyone toured through Europe recently? Planning a trip from Milan up to Krakow and seeing what the border crossings might be like with regard to covid tests etc especially the train stations? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

Bumping this because I'm interested in the similar.
    We will be doing either France-Hungary or France-Croatia in early July and am wondering if there are any Covid Test checkpoints at the internal Schengen road borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭doogie!

Hi Josip, very hard to get information but judging the football Hungary should be relaxed enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭The Ging and I

I have been driving to Spain, Germany and Luxembourg a few times this year and there were no controls anywhere. I always had a PCR test before going and I get another test on the way back.

I have heard there is some checking at the Payage on the motorways from Spain into france but I cannot confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

We ended up doing France-Germany-Austria-Slovenia-Croatia-Serbia

Polizei were parked up at the border at Strasbourg but not stopping anyone

A couple of cars parked at the border towards Linz but again no stopping

Same on the Austrian-Slovenian border but on the side coming from Slovenia there was a checkpoint with a 50 car tailback

We crossed into Croatia at a very quiet crossing, but since we were leaving Schengen there was a checkpoint.

Usual traffic and checks into Serbia, but coming the other way there was a 4.8km truck tailback. Poor fcukers.

Advertisement