Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbing Rose

Options
  • 17-06-2021 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Firstly I'm an amateur amateur gardener. I have a climbing Rose that I cut back last year and tied 3 canes that have produced plenty of laterals and blooms. My question is there are 2 very long laterals that don't seem to be going to produce any flowers (the longest can be seen in the first picture top right) . There are also some shorter laterals that are red, red stem and leaves. What are these and what should I do with them? TIA.

IMG-20210617-114515.jpg

IMG-20210617-114537.jpg

IMG-20210617-114537-1.jpg

IMG-20210617-114552.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

I'm pretty sure that the red is just the natural colouring of the young shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

They are new growth that will flower later this summer. Totally normal. They will turn green like the rest of the plant as the weeks go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Comerman

Excellent thanks :-)

Advertisement