Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin criminal "puts out a hit" on barrister

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

JCX BXC wrote: »
    One of the most bizarre trials I've ever read. This fella is a real piece of work.

Some of my favourite quotes include

"“I’m not a nice guy, I’m into crime like. I’m not about raping women in my apartment. They’ve destroyed me and my family and there’s no going back from it,” he told gardaí."

And

"he began to resist the officers – and the phone fell from his rectal area and onto a bench."

Brilliant

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/convicted-rapist-accused-of-making-death-threats-to-barristers-1.4595231?mode=amp

You're saying that at one point he was talking out his hoop???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sounds like a top crotch guy.... I mean top notch.....

Imagine that as your neighbour, rapist of children, wonderful country we live in where he will walk free again to commit more rapes etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I like the way he was on first name terms with the barrister he wanted killed.

"...Dom..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

the barrister is likely 100 times richer and smarter than him, and now morally justified.

"The only reason he’s not dead is because I decided to do it myself. I could have got someone else"

said the rapist locked in a prison, found with a phone up his arse.

• Advertisement

That barrister, Tony McGillycuddy, has a good reputation, supposedly one of the brightest minds in the legal profession. Apparently he's the sort of guy who could make a lot of money, if he wasn't so concentrated on criminal work. He does it by choice.

Pretty sick that someone so well-intentioned would have his life threatened by these lowlifes, tbh. I hope the judge throws the book at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

JCX BXC wrote: »
    One of the most bizarre trials I've ever read. This fella is a real piece of work.

Some of my favourite quotes include

"“I’m not a nice guy, I’m into crime like. I’m not about raping women in my apartment. They’ve destroyed me and my family and there’s no going back from it,” he told gardaí."

And

"he began to resist the officers – and the phone fell from his rectal area and onto a bench."

Brilliant

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/convicted-rapist-accused-of-making-death-threats-to-barristers-1.4595231?mode=amp

Read the article in disbelief, clearly unhinged, potentially very dangerous. Some of the accusations levelled by the defendant against some legal representatives were beyond extraordinary. Whilst clearly not one to listen to legal advice, I'm sure whomever is currently representing him advised him to shut up or say absolutely nothing, I thought the judge should have considered silencing him.

This all said, I hope the phone discovered on his person and in a very unusual place was water proof :)

Joking aside, I'd certainly be very, very concerned if it we're me this individual was making threats against.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

swinging from a lamp post is how they used to deal with people like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

“I’m not a nice guy, I’m into crime like"
    - Tony Montana, 1984

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

swinging from a lamp post is how they used to deal with people like that

Subjecting people to musicals is a cruel and unusual punishment, and in breach of the The European Convention on Human Rights.

556114.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

“ He said he was using between €30 and €50 a day in credit, and that Ms Kangley was one of a number of people topping it up for him.”

WTF, €50 a day in phone credit? Was he still on some Eircell “Ready To Go” plan from 2003?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“ He said he was using between €30 and €50 a day in credit, and that Ms Kangley was one of a number of people topping it up for him.”

WTF, €50 a day in phone credit? Was he still on some Eircell “Ready To Go” plan from 2003?

You’d wonder whether his solicitor will get into “hot water” over it. If it’s claimed it was provided under duress he should get a few more years.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

got into a struggle with prison officers who spotted a white mobile phone sticking out from between his buttocks and seized it.

I really hope the prison officer was wearing gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You’d wonder whether his solicitor will get into “hot water” over it. If it’s claimed it was provided under duress he should get a few more years.

She already has

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/solicitor-who-gave-phone-to-prisoner-receives-suspended-sentence-1.3854698?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ongoing case - thread closed until case is finished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement