Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property price register

Options
  • 16-06-2021 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

How long after a property goes sale agreed would the figure appear on the PPR?

Is the date on the ppr the date the sale went through or the date it was registered with the ppr?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Not sale agreed - they only appear when sold. The date on PPR is the date of closing, so there are houses posted there from last week. My experience would be about three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Not sale agreed - they only appear when sold. The date on PPR is the date of closing, so there are houses posted there from last week. My experience would be about three weeks.

For some reason, some houses might taken longer to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Sale agreed, is a simple agreement to purchase. It's not a completed sale until contracts are signed and closing completed.

A really quick sale agreed to sold status is 4-5 weeks. Normal time frame is 6-8 weeks due to the archaic nature of Irish conveyancing.

And it is easily extended to 12+ weeks if one side wants to be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Houses that are exempt from stamp duty, such as those sold to the council don't get added to the PPR at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Houses that are exempt from stamp duty, such as those sold to the council don't get added to the PPR at all

Not necessarily true, house sold to council under the Affordable Homes Scheme appear on the PPR website. Would the council be paying stamp duty on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

For FTB with New Builds, does PPR list the price with or without the Help to Buy amount added to final sale price?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It lists the price, HTB not deducted but it does not include VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

L1011 wrote: »
    It lists the price, HTB not deducted but it does not include VAT.

At 13.5 percent

Like so many other people I used to check the ppr out of interest. However, a serious side to it is now being brought home to me. In the event of dissolution of a marriage and the judge deciding on the sale of the family home, you are asked to provide evidence from the ppr of prices attained by similar properties. There are now three properties in close proximity which have sold since the start of this year - a full five months ago today. The last record on the ppr is 31 December 2021, so with prices reportedly rising substantially since then not having the updated prices can make the difference between a judge deciding to sell the family home and not selling it. In other words, a massive difference...

These houses all had 'Sold' on the sign, by the way. I've checked variants of the spelling on the ppr, none of which are showing. Is there any other way of getting reliable evidence of these sold prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you were trying to get an up date valuation for a property, you can use the Residential Property Price index from the CSO. https://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/prices/residentialpropertypriceindex/

This will let you baseline all sales to find an average.

How does this work? So, here's the current index:

Let's say a house sold near you in December 21 for €500k. To work out what it "would have" sold for in March instead, you just divide by 156.7 and multiply by 160.1

So 500k / 156.7 * 160.1 = €510,850

It's far from exact because all properties differ, but it's something. Dublin has a separate index, so if that's relevant you can use that. In this case, to get a valuation of ~€507k

I used this process in the past to prove to Revenue that I had valued my property correctly for LPT purposes and they were happy to accept it.

Another thing you can do is ring up the estate agents who negotiated the sales of the other local properties, tell them that you're thinking of putting your own property up for sale and you want to know how much they sold at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The property price register gets its entries when the stamp duty is paid. Legally the stamp duty should be paid within 28 days of the closing of the sale but a futher period up to 44 days is allowed. In some case the sold sign is put up when the contracts are signed by both parties. The closing can be considerably later and the stamping later again. When checking the ppr you need to check the whole district because some spelling variations can be difficult to catch.

Advertisement