Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to school allowance

Options
  • 16-06-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'd advise people to check there mygov account as its shown up on mine as awarded but no date of when it will be paid yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Has anyone got a letter yet? My account on my gov isn't verified so I can't check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Has anyone got a letter yet? My account on my gov isn't verified so I can't check there.

No I checked my gov yesterday and ours is appoved but no letter yet, its easy enough yo verify your my gov you just need yournpublic services card number and they text a code.
    If you cant do that maybe give them a call .

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tamara25

I also have been awarded the btscfa. According to the letter it will be paid the 2nd Monday in July. I am also waiting to see if my wfp will be renewed this year.

Does anyone know when they award btscfa is it to do with already getting wfp or the fact that it will be renewed again for remainder of year?

Does anyone know when they award btscfa is it to do with already getting wfp or the fact that it will be renewed again for remainder of year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Received letter for BSCFA on Thursday, payment going in second Monday of July.

Both of us on PUP here, and Wfp was renewed in March. We need to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Received letter for BSCFA on Thursday, payment going in second Monday of July.

I take it u mean the post office and not into bank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I take it u mean the post office and not into bank

Normally paid into bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Hi, quick question just submitted an application for back to school allowance. We are below the income limits but the online application asked some question in relations to our bank accounts and balances on them. My partner has 4000 in his account but this aren’t savings they are areas he received from social welfare back in May we just didn’t spend all the money yet. Would that be fine ? Like if they ask for a statement they be clearly able to see that the money came from themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 buritothecat

Hi
    We have that same amount and we are low income working too, we applied last year and we got awarded.
    Anything under 5,000 savings is not taken into consideration, it says this on the citizens advice BTSCFA section
    So you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just found out we have to manually apply again for the fourth consecutive year :rolleyes:

I applied online on Tuesday, so we will see how long it takes.

Hi i applied Monday online, sent in payslips Tuesday, logged into my welfare this evening and I have been approved today.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Hi i applied Monday online, sent in payslips Tuesday, logged into my welfare this evening and I have been approved today.

Where did you send in your payslips to? I emailed their dedicated helpline with my partners work info as he is on a temp contract which is due to expire during the summer.

My claim is still under review and I applied Monday.

Department of Social Protection
    Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance Section
    Social Welfare Services
    Department of Social Protection
    College Road
    Sligo
    F91 T384
    Just send them in all your info
    Good luck

Advertisement