Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weddings 2022

• 16-06-2021 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

So by next year do we think all restriction will be lifted surrendering weddings or will we still have some kind of restrictions in place f

We are getting married in middle of May 2022 and hope numbers will be allowed over 100 & bands and other things will be allowed,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I think we'll be likely back up to at least 100. Bands etc I think will depend a little on the next few months & how it goes with reopening. We're May 2022 as well. We weren't planning on having a band anyway so that won't affect us too much but I wouldn't like to have a DJ & some dancing. With the vaccine roll-out well under way now, I think we'll be in a good position next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think we'll be likely back up to at least 100. Bands etc I think will depend a little on the next few months & how it goes with reopening. We're May 2022 as well. We weren't planning on having a band anyway so that won't affect us too much but I wouldn't like to have a DJ & some dancing. With the vaccine roll-out well under way now, I think we'll be in a good position next year.

I'm hoping your right, i guess the big thing is how winter goes this year but hopefully we are in the clear ,

That funny because we where chatting to a couple of friends who recently got married and they reckon the band is a bit of a waste these days and a DJ oh there own is enough , We still aren't decided,

Oh what do you plan to do with invites,
    Will you send out the number that are allowed at the time you send them or send out the number you would like to attend and then amend it if you have to? We hope for about 110 to attend ,

I'm just keeping fingers crossed that even if there is a not great winter, with the vaccines & then a bit of a distance between winter & May (well unless we get snow again in April!) we should be ok.

My sister just had a DJ and honestly it was a lot less hassle for both them and also everyone else. There was no need to change set ups or anything. My sister gave him a printout of the type of music they wanted and he played all those and similar all night. Dancefloor was rarely empty. I think bands are great but you can't have just a band and then it gets more expensive with having to have a DJ as well.

I'm quite lucky in that my venue only holds maximum of 100! For the invites, I'm going to send save the dates to all that we would like and amend if necessary if numbers are more restricted. My OH's brother is getting married shortly and they had a line I think on their save the dates about final numbers will depend on government restrictions at the time of the wedding and we appreciate your understanding on this. I think that's the best you can do with it.

I'm just keeping fingers crossed that even if there is a not great winter, with the vaccines & then a bit of a distance between winter & May (well unless we get snow again in April!) we should be ok.

My sister just had a DJ and honestly it was a lot less hassle for both them and also everyone else. There was no need to change set ups or anything. My sister gave him a printout of the type of music they wanted and he played all those and similar all night. Dancefloor was rarely empty. I think bands are great but you can't have just a band and then it gets more expensive with having to have a DJ as well.

I'm quite lucky in that my venue only holds maximum of 100! For the invites, I'm going to send save the dates to all that we would like and amend if necessary if numbers are more restricted. My OH's brother is getting married shortly and they had a line I think on their save the dates about final numbers will depend on government restrictions at the time of the wedding and we appreciate your understanding on this. I think that's the best you can do with it.

Our venue is max 110 so we are in the same boat,
    Oh i like that line from your brother i will be stealing that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Mid May next year as well

Unless there is some new variant that's going to cause havoc no reason why numbers shouldn't be done away with

Every single person on out wedding list will be fully vaccinated by then

Personally I'd like us to follow the way Northern Ireland does things

"Numbers attending indoor ceremonies and post-ceremony celebrations will be determined by the venue on a risk assessed basis, taking account of the individual circumstances of each and adhering to all relevant public health advice and industry guidance."

The bigger the venue the bigger the number allowed to attend

Bands/Djs etc should be up and running next year with vaccine take up so good

Still suppose all we can do is wait and see
    My OH's brother is getting married shortly and they had a line I think on their save the dates about final numbers will depend on government restrictions at the time of the wedding and we appreciate your understanding on this. I think that's the best you can do with it.

I'm stealing that line for our invitations

Very well phrased

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought it was a brilliant line all right. With their wedding next week, it was also needed.

I think a lot of people are more understanding about not getting an invite these days which is great.

Now to go try to find a make-up artist, photographer & DJ for our date! A load that I had contacted had been essentially double booked by couples (booked for original date & potential moved date) so hoping with restrictions set to ease a bit some of them have freed up.

Did either of you have issues getting those lined up?

Yeah I thought it was a brilliant line all right. With their wedding next week, it was also needed.

I think a lot of people are more understanding about not getting an invite these days which is great.

Now to go try to find a make-up artist, photographer & DJ for our date! A load that I had contacted had been essentially double booked by couples (booked for original date & potential moved date) so hoping with restrictions set to ease a bit some of them have freed up.

Did either of you have issues getting those lined up?

Thankfully we had guys lined up for this September and they where happy to just move the dates to next May so we are all sorted ,

Thankfully we had guys lined up for this September and they where happy to just move the dates to next May so we are all sorted ,

Oh that's fab! We were originally looking at this year to get married but couldn't get the venue we wanted during the summer so put it off till next year rather than compromise. So glad we did now!

Oh that's fab! We were originally looking at this year to get married but couldn't get the venue we wanted during the summer so put it off till next year rather than compromise. So glad we did now!

We had it organised for September this year but decided in January to put it off till next year,

Just with everything in lock down we wanted to enjoy the build up with less restrictions,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

May 2022 is very popular it seems. We are also mid May after moving wedding from this year to next year. I would be hoping for live music and dancing. I guess we have to wait and see how the winter goes. Other big thing is what travel restrictions will be in place for siblings living abroad. We are expecting a baby this autumn so that has distracted us from the wedding planning. I am nervous about fitting into my dress 6 months after having a baby. We are definitely not pushing wedding back again as we just want to be married.

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »
    May 2022 is very popular it seems. We are also mid May after moving wedding from this year to next year. I would be hoping for live music and dancing. I guess we have to wait and see how the winter goes. Other big thing is what travel restrictions will be in place for siblings living abroad. We are expecting a baby this autumn so that has distracted us from the wedding planning. I am nervous about fitting into my dress 6 months after having a baby. We are definitely not pushing wedding back again as we just want to be married.

Congrats with the baby coming ,

Ye we have said no matter what we will go ahead with next May ,we have out it back once so next time we will be getting married regardless of numbers ,

Advertisement