Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Preordering physical items to Ireland from Nintendo

Options
  • 16-06-2021 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to preorder physical items for delivery to Ireland directly from Nintendo? When I tried what i thought was the UK + Ireland store at https://store.nintendo.co.uk, the Country field of the Delivery Address only shows "United Kingdom". Is there another store available for Irish users?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Parcel motel I believe is the only way i.e. send to the North and get it forwarded on to a parcel motel here. Nintendo won’t ship direct to Ireland I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

UhOh wrote: »
    Parcel motel I believe is the only way i.e. send to the North and get it forwarded on to a parcel motel here. Nintendo won’t ship direct to Ireland I’m afraid.

Parcel Motel in the North has been closed since the end of December 2020. Anything sent to that address is rejected and returned to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel in the North has been closed since the end of December 2020. Anything sent to that address is rejected and returned to sender.

😬 apologies for the bad advice so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭bren2001

Doodah7 wrote: »

The NI address for Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard are gone but AddressPal is still operational but you will have to pay customs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Doesn't seem to be any facility to buy anything at all from that store anymore, very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

It is possible to buy from them. I did it myself a couple of months ago but you have to pay UK and ROI VAT as well as AddressPal fee. Also need a card in GBP. Luckily delivery is free over £20 so I offset that against Addresspal fee. But you will be spending a couple of more euros, that's for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a few free things because I had built up platinum points.

The UK site was unhelpful, but I could "buy" the item on the UK site and ship it from the German site.

I imagine, with Google Translate, you could just go to the German site and they'll ship to Ireland

How did you manage to buy from the UK site but ship it from Germany?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was one of the free items I was entitled to via Platinum points.

They gave me a purchase code which I then tried to use on the UK site but it gave no way to ship to Ireland.

Going to the German site, it accepted the UK sourced code and they shipped here, for 6 euro.

I'm not sure about other physical items though.

I must test it out

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I made an order from Nintendo UK store a couple of days ago with amiibo figures and some Nintendo rewards in it. It accepted my AddressPal address and it was shipped yesterday. As I have said previously, I will have to pay a bit extra, double VAT and AddressPal fee, but it's still cheaper than buying from Amazon.

• Advertisement

Did anybody successfully order the N64 controller and get it delivered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I did similar but just used the French site only, not the UK. No customs had to be paid, only delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got mine from the German website. It arrived on Monday. Finally getting to play Sin & Punishment with a proper N64 controller is some difference!

Got mine last weekend as well. A much better experience than playing with the Pro Controller

Advertisement