Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen HDI fuel pressure test point

Options
  • 15-06-2021 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭

Hello

Is there a place on the Citroen HDI 2.0 diesel engine to put a pressure gauge to test the pressure coming up from the tank?
    Or can it be measured using a Lexia?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭mk7r

Can't be measured anywhere unless you make a fitting to attach to fuel filter housing, its one of those things that either works or it doesnt normally, what problem are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Hello

Is there a place on the Citroen HDI 2.0 diesel engine to put a pressure gauge to test the pressure coming up from the tank?
    Or can it be measured using a Lexia?

Thanks.

The early ones anyway,didn't all have a low pressure pump. Depended on whether it was a Bosch os Sienens HP pump fitted. If it's on it loosen the bleed on the filter & crank it. Think it should be about 2 bar,so you should have a fairly good flow of diesel if it's working. Can't remember but I think it was the Siemens HP had no LP pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Getting P0190 and P0191. Although that relates to fuel pressure sensor I've really that the lp pump is the more likely cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭mk7r

Getting P0190 and P0191. Although that relates to fuel pressure sensor I've really that the lp pump is the more likely cause.

What is the fuel pressure reading in live data? better diagnostics would give a bit more info, lexia etc

mk7r wrote: »
    What is the fuel pressure reading in live data? better diagnostics would give a bit more info, lexia etc

I'll check tonight - is it at idle that I measure this?

I think the pump is a Bosch, but I'll check it later.

• Advertisement

Measured fuel pressure is 298bar (range 290 - 310).
    Difference between measured fuel pressure and reference fuel pressure flickers between -2 bar, 2 bar and 6 bar, with an odd reading of -6 bar. (At steady speed, this value should fall to zero).
    Engine speed is steady 803prm.

So there is something causing a problem with the fuel pressure measurement. -2 / +2 does sounds like that the LP pump in the tank is having an effect?

Advertisement