Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to open hkc sw-1070 panel

Options
  • 15-06-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how I can open the hkc sw-1070 panel. Picture attached.
    My sim is receiving but no longer sending texts and I’d like to re-seat it and also to test in a phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

The HKC "button" in the middle there pops out and reveals a screw that opens the panel. Get something small and push in the gap at the bottom and it should pop out.

Get ready to disarm the panel for the tamper alarm that will happen :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmo16

macrubicon wrote: »
    The HKC "button" in the middle there pops out and reveals a screw that opens the panel. Get something small and push in the gap at the bottom and it should pop out.

Get ready to disarm the panel for the tamper alarm that will happen :-)

I popped the sim into a phone but it is locked by a pin. If I put a new sim into the alarm panel should it work straight off or if there some setup required.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

emmo16 wrote: »
    I popped the sim into a phone but it is locked by a pin. If I put a new sim into the alarm panel should it work straight off or if there some setup required.

What type GSM in is the alarm system?

altor wrote: »
    What type GSM in is the alarm system?

It is the GSM-Q. I called eir and there was bar on the sim from not topping up in time. They have lifted the bar and I have topped up with €20.
    I put the sim back in but now I am getting a gsm fault on the panel and red light flashing on the module. So now I’m not sure if it’s something they have done wrong or I have.

It is the GSM-Q. I called eir and there was bar on the sim from not topping up in time. They have lifted the bar and I have topped up with €20.
    I put the sim back in but now I am getting a gsm fault on the panel and red light flashing on the module. So now I’m not sure if it’s something they have done wrong or I have.

You need to have the system down powered to put in the sim, battery and mains

• Advertisement

You need to have the system down powered to put in the sim, battery and mains

I had the mains powered down. Are there any instructions available on disconnecting the battery I didn’t want to go messing with the connections.

I had the mains powered down. Are there any instructions available on disconnecting the battery I didn’t want to go messing with the connections.

The battery is located in bottom of the panel, simply disconnect the leads

The battery is located in bottom of the panel, simply disconnect the leads

Thanks a mil that done the job. Removed the sim disconnected the battery popped the sim back in and reconnected.

Thanks a mil that done the job. Removed the sim disconnected the battery popped the sim back in and reconnected.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

It can be worth asking eir can they move the Sim to a telemetry only plan on bill pay. I know with Vodafone it’s about a fiver a month and you’ll never run out of credit or miss a top up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement