Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Opinions on reddit/ireland?

  • 15-06-2021 2:24am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Hi there. Just shooting the breeze about reddit, in particular ,the subreddit r/ireland.

    Is it me ,or is this bastion of 'anything goes'/ free speech , actually highly restricted and controlled and skews very much to 'the left' ?
    Im baffled by the 'rules' of this site , which seemingly allows the posting of the oddest of things ,including deviant pornography , yet it is highly restrictive of political discussions that dont adhere to the status quo.

    It is strange to me,that a site that is dominated by 'liberals' is so draconian in its restrictions of political/social opinions.

    What say ye?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭ Quantum Erasure


    Different subs different rules...


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ Tyrone212


    Boring.


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Different subs different rules...


    Hmm. My own feeling is that r/ireland is notably more restricted than other subreddits. Almost like Irish redditors are childlike and need to be babysat more than other subreddits.


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Boring.
    Which ? Your comment or the subreddit? Or maybe this thread, which begs the question, why are you engaging with threads you find boring?
    It kind of smacks of the infantile,edgy, immature commentary and vibe that I am referring to actually. You're not a mod on there by any chance?


  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ RulesOfNature


    teddyhead wrote: »
    Hi there. Just shooting the breeze about reddit, in particular ,the subreddit r/ireland.

    Is it me ,or is this bastion of 'anything goes'/ free speech , actually highly restricted and controlled and skews very much to 'the left' ?
    Im baffled by the 'rules' of this site , which seemingly allows the posting of the oddest of things ,including deviant pornography , yet it is highly restrictive of political discussions that dont adhere to the status quo.

    It is strange to me,that a site that is dominated by 'liberals' is so draconian in its restrictions of political/social opinions.

    What say ye?

    Deviant pornography? The fvck?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ Tyrone212


    teddyhead wrote: »
    Which ? Your comment or the subreddit? Or maybe this thread, which begs the question, why are you engaging with threads you find boring?


    Your rant was boring. Its been done to death by now. Just regurgitating the same ole sh.te. You sound like one of those half wits on fox news appealing to simpletons.


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Your rant was boring. Its been done to death by now. Just regurgitating the same ole sh.te. You sound like one of those half wits on fox news appealing to simpletons.


    Yeah and you sound like a twat with nowt to say.Or an apologist for blatant censorship.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ Tyrone212


    teddyhead wrote: »
    Yeah and you sound like a twat with nowt to say.

    Triggered. "It kind of smacks of the infantile,edgy, immature commentary and vibe that I am referring to actually. " you were saying haha. If only you had "nowt" to say we'd all be the better for it and not have to suffer these nutty insufferable threads. Enjoy your night hun x.


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Deviant pornography? The fvck?


    The fvuk what? Yes reddit has deviant porn subreddits. Do you know what reddit is?


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Triggered. "It kind of smacks of the infantile,edgy, immature commentary and vibe that I am referring to actually. " you were saying haha. If only you had "nowt" to say we'd all be the better for it and not have to suffer these nutty insufferable threads.


    Go to bed you moron. Or make a sensible contribution if you are remotely capable.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Triggered. "It kind of smacks of the infantile,edgy, immature commentary and vibe that I am referring to actually. " you were saying haha. If only you had "nowt" to say we'd all be the better for it and not have to suffer these nutty insufferable threads. Enjoy your night hun x.




    You were the one who brought down the tone , not me, hun. But you proved a point to me about the kind of people who make reddit ireland as toxic as it is.
    Dont enjoy your night,hun,instead ,reflect on what a nasty piece of work you are,deep down.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,820 ✭✭✭✭ Ads by Google


    /r/Ireland isn't for Irish people. It's for talking about Ireland, and it's not that good because of the moderators. Anyone can create a sub and run it how they like.

    Reddit is for actual interests. If you like knitting, join some subs for it. If you enjoy a video game, join its subs. If you enjoy arguing about Ireland, join that sub.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭ con747


    You asked what people thought and when they replied you called them a "twat" and a "moron" :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭ Quantum Erasure


    Time used to be, that the mods here when banning someone would say "it's not us, it's you. Maybe youd be more at home somewhere like reddit"
    ...and then r/Ireland became more boards than boards itself


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    /r/Ireland isn't for Irish people. It's for talking about Ireland, and it's not that good because of the moderators. Anyone can create a sub and run it how they like.

    Reddit is for actual interests. If you like knitting, join some subs for it. If you enjoy a video game, join its subs. If you enjoy arguing about Ireland, join that sub.


    Yeah , there are some great subreddits. Just r/ireland is so terrible. So unrepresentative of normal Irish people. Dominated by the worst kind of people. You can see that people started abusing me , just for being slightly critical of it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ teddyhead


    con747 wrote: »
    You asked what people thought and when they replied you called them a "twat" and a "moron" :rolleyes:
    Yes and they were abusive to me first , but hey , dont mention that:rolleyes:
    Manipulate the narrative, misrepresent, thats the r/ireland way.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭ con747


    teddyhead wrote: »
    Yes and they were abusive to me first , but hey , dont mention that:rolleyes:

    Maybe look at the posts, you made it personal. Quote "Yeah and you sound like a twat with nowt to say"


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ Del Griffith


    r/ireland used to be a sub where people would complain about boards.ie funnily enough, and it was great you could say anything.

    Whatever it is about the mods now or the general woke crowd on it, it's gone 180, it's probably the worst sub on reddit now.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Thread Closed, not a CA


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement