Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Department shooters?

• 14-06-2021 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I went knocking on a farmers door to see if any shooting was available, I was more or less told there is already a few lads from the department shooting on this land, who is this department, it's not the first time I have heard references too it. Anyone any ideas🀔

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

What part of the country? Approximately, not looking for exact locations obviously. There has been a few cases of chancers who have connections using tactics like this to con farmers to letting them in to shoot deer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

was asked to shoot foxes for a woman i did not know went down to her farm last friday to meet with her she told me the department lads come in and shoot it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Richard308

I think people claim when they have a deerhunting licence that they are licenced by the department. Whether intentionally or not to mislead people, I’ll let people make up their own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnner2

What part of the country? Approximately, not looking for exact locations obviously. There has been a few cases of chancers who have connections using tactics like this to con farmers to letting them in to shoot deer.
    Dublin wicklow North

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

Same area, heard that too from a farmer. The men from the department shoot here and apparently the deer are infected so no one else can shoot there, if anyone else asks for permission.

Didn't think more of it, habe plenty of pernissions anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Bog Trotter99

Same area, heard that too from a farmer. The men from the department shoot here and apparently the deer are infected so no one else can shoot there, if anyone else asks for permission.

You have to admire that one.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kunekunesika

Big article in the Wicklow people (up there with the Times etc) last year, warning landowners about this. 'Im shooting for the Wicklow deer management project, which you may have read about in the local news paper!! etc etc
    You can't be any more official than that..
    I did have a little snigger of admiration all the same.

Didn't think more of it, habe plenty of pernissions anyway
    if you want to share a bit of permission give me a shout😉😂😂

skipking wrote: »
    was asked to shoot foxes for a woman i did not know went down to her farm last friday to meet with her she told me the department lads come in and shoot it aswell.
    So the department lads are too good to be shooting foxes by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

Johnner2 wrote: »
    So the department lads are too good to be shooting foxes by the sounds of it.

yes i was down there sunday morning saw no fox but did see 2 stags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement