Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Hr Anti - perspirant??

Options
  • 14-06-2021 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

bought a new anti perspirant at the weekend - Mitchum.. and only today noticed that it says 48 hr protection.. :confused: like, who needs 48hr anti perspirant protection (unless your wild camping or something) - are there folk who don't shower every day? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

sporina wrote: »
    bought a new anti perspirant at the weekend - Mitchum.. and only today noticed that it says 48 hr protection.. :confused: like, who needs 48hr anti perspirant protection (unless your wild camping or something) - are there folk who don't shower every day? :confused:

There are people out there who don't shower every week, let alone every day. Anyone who works in a customer-facing role will be familiar with the... um... nox-ious odour of such a person.

Your deodorant is a beginner, I've got Mitchum deodorant and it promises me up to 72 hours of fragrant pits.

I haven't trialled it to see it if holds up though, because I'm not a savage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A 48 or 72 hour antiperspirant would do little for the soap dodgers.

Other areas of the body can produce rather pungent odours if left unwashed.

Damn right. The soap dodgers avoid washing their clothes too, so the stale smell gets worse by the hour. I knew someone who showered every other day but would wear the same shirt four or five days. It wasn't sexy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Candie wrote: »
    Your deodorant is a beginner, I've got Mitchum deodorant and it promises me up to 72 hours of fragrant pits.

I haven't trialled it to see it if holds up though, because I'm not a savage. :D

no way?! lol...

I think it v odd..

On Sat I had to have 2 showers - as it was so humid out.. reminded me of when I lived in NY in my 20's

• Advertisement

Showering daily is wholly unnecessary.

Give your arse a wipe with a couple of wet ones and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Mitchum is a brilliant anti perspirant. I'm using it for years. Wouldn't fancy not showering every day though!

My pits may smell ok the next day, but still gotta have a good old fashioned shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

A 48 or 72 hour antiperspirant would do little for the soap dodgers.

Other areas of the body can produce rather pungent odours if left unwashed.

Can you use wipes to clean and dry up your moist regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fils wrote: »

You can use whatever you like, I'll stick to a daily shower thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If it's good enough to wipe a babies arse, it's good enough to wipe my balls!

Then again, I don't put myself in situations where I perspire, so I have my bi-daily shower and it does me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Ah the old Lynx shower. The staple of first year students in University. As one girl back in my college days told me that was when she first realized women had a better sense of smell than men and decided to date no one younger than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Damn right. The soap dodgers avoid washing their clothes too, so the stale smell gets worse by the hour. I knew someone who showered every other day but would wear the same shirt four or five days. It wasn't sexy. :(

Or worse, the ones who do shower/change clothes but don't air their clothes properly.
    That musty smell should not be found on anyone once they leave college!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

who needs 48hr anti perspirant protection

People with hyperhidrosis who will piss out buckets of sweat at the slightest provocation, nothing to do with showering. Mitchum is for amateurs though - Driclor is where it's at! Good for up to a month with that stuff when used with daily 'normal' antiperspirant. Probably give you cancer or something mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

my Mum actually can't get over how often we younger folk shower.. "showering too often is bad for you; takes all the good oils from your skin".. no idea if there is any truth in that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

You would want to be showering once a day anyway, pulling back foreskin getting that washed also. Ladies I presume ye are doing similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

I worked with a guy who used to argue that. He said that that the body naturally regulated itself over time but Soap etc stripped away the natural oils necessary for that regulation to happen so washing actually made you more likely to smell

The ****ing smell off him on a warm day!!!

You would want to be showering once a day anyway, pulling back foreskin getting that washed also. Ladies I presume ye are doing similar.

Yes, ladies, I hope you're retracting your foreskin too.

Some people sweat a lot even if they shower every day. So while the sweat won't be stale it still occurs so a long acting anti perspirant is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pah that's amateur stuff

Mine is good for 25 years!

https://i.imgflip.com/5dafxg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Maybe on winter I'd get away with having a shower every 2nd day the odd time but any other Season and it's once a day, twice sometimes.

I get terribly sweat crotch or 'swamp crotch' as the yanks call it. Occasionally it has a horrible vinegar smell from it. There's no way I'd feel comfortable walking around with that all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Believe it or not, some people don't need to shower every day! People are different.

I almost gave up on civilisation when I read the side of an antiperspirant can one time and under possible side effects it listed: Itching - Irritation - and increased perspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I once had a girlfriend who never wore anti perspirant or deodorant of any kind, she liked the natural process to take its course, she washed but never sprayed!

Believe it or not, some people don't need to shower every day! People are different.

Nobody "needs" to. Some of us just like feeling fresh and clean every day.

italodisco wrote: »
    I get terribly sweat crotch or 'swamp crotch' as the yanks call it. Occasionally it has a horrible vinegar smell from it.

a/s/l ?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Ah the smell of a packed old double decker bus on a hot sunny day in July 1977..... ;)

EDIT: I vaguely remember when Lynx and other deodorants came onto the market here in the early 80's - it was like a substitute to washing for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Yes, ladies, I hope you're retracting your foreskin too.

Ladies can have penises now, don't ya know.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

JRant wrote: »
    Ladies can have penises now, don't ya know.
    Doesnt the possesion of said appendage require one to hand back your lady card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

ArtyM wrote: »
    Doesnt the possesion of said appendage require one to hand back your lady card?

That's it, you're cancelled.

Do I need to do anything else or is just saying it enough? I'm never sure how to start a cancellation.

Advertisement