Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon refund disappeared from pending transactions

Options
  • 14-06-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Has anyone experienced a credit card refund appearing on their pending list and then disappearing without being credited?

My original transaction was successfully processed and taken about 3 weeks ago. Amazon refunded me for the amount on Friday and on Saturday I saw the refund appear as pending transaction named 'unauthorised credit'. From past refunds from Amazon, this is how they are named. On Sunday, I found that the refund disappeared completely from pending transactions and was never credited to me. I can understand that it can take up to 7 days to process a refund but as it appeared on Saturday, it should have been due to be posted the next working day which would be today, as with previous refunds issued on Friday, but there is no sign of it. I had assumed it might have been due to the weekend, even though I hadn't experienced this before, but had expected it to reappear today. Amazon says it has been fully processed their side and AIB are acting clueless, and I'm out of pocket 420€

Advertisement