Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know how to contact a human in Sky?

• 14-06-2021 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Apologies for slightly longwinded story but we had a Sky tech out about a month ago to upgrade our dish and box. The tech wasn't able to do it for some reason relating to our roof (apparently it needs a special type of ladder) so he left and told us that we would be contacted later about it.

A month later I have heard nothing so I checked the "My orders" page and there was a note mentioning the problem with the installation with an invitation to arrange a new visit which I did. However this is all automated so I fully expect the next tech will have exactly the same problem. I would like to ring them in advance to remind them about it.

I searched the Sky website for contact details and it is hard to find any. I did eventually dig out a pay per minute support line but I am not going to use that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭swoofer

use this free phone number 1800 92 74 76 but be prepared to wait. Its probably a roof ladder and it might be high. Have you lots of obstructions? And does the current dish work ok??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Thank you for that I will ring them tomorrow.

I can't remember the particular issue but it was something related to our roof. The dish we have works fine for the old Sky+ box but needs to be replaced for Sky Q apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its the LNB they need to replace really but with Sky Q call outs are free for life so you can bet the installer will do an ace job. Had one done for my sister in law recently and when they replaced lnb they fitted the dish correctly ie like it should have been ages ago. It wont move now whereas in the past a strong wind would wobble it.

Advertisement