Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Areial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Lookin for a good indoor aerial myself. Tv not near a window so need an aerial thatll work with tv on other side of the room and cant run long wires to make aerial reach

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Very much dependent on local conditions. In general the nearer you are to one of these transmitters the stronger the signal will be, and the better the chance of reception with an indoor aerial. But if nearby neighbours have roof aerials, you will probably need one as well.

http://www.2rn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2RN-DTT-Television-Transmission-Network-Sept-2019-Rev.1.2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doughnut2000

Lookin for a good indoor aerial myself. Tv not near a window so need an aerial thatll work with tv on other side of the room and cant run long wires to make aerial reach

This is not clear. Do you want an aerial that is not connected to the TV using a wire/cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭winston_1

Chances are you won’t find one. Why can’t you run long wires?

Looking for one that i dont need to put near a window as i cant run long wires across the room as the tv is on opposite side of the room. Just a plug and play type thing. I get it prob have to be a strong aerial to try get signal not bein near a window

• Advertisement

winston_1 wrote: »
    Chances are you won’t find one. Why can’t you run long wires?

only rentin and would have to run wires under the floor boards which i dont fancy attemptin

Only renting and would have to run wires under the floor boards which I don't fancy attempting.

Ask your landlord to provide a roof aerial then. TV is virtually a human right these days. Alternatively move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

winston_1 wrote: »
    Ask your landlord to provide a roof aerial then. TV is virtually a human right these days. Alternatively move.

Do renters have any right to an aerial? I'm in a small apartment building with a dozen apartments, would I have a leg to stand on asking for a communal aerial?

oneilla wrote: »
    Do renters have any right to an aerial? I'm in a small apartment building with a dozen apartments, would I have a leg to stand on asking for a communal aerial?

If you don’t ask you won’t get. Get together with the others and all ask.

Advertisement