Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Veneer Suppliers for Small Projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

Craft Wood Veneers in the UK. I used them recently, very reasonably priced, and quick delivery.
    craftwoodveneers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 8 buck8pe

Craft Wood Veneers in the UK. I used them recently, very reasonably priced, and quick delivery.
    craftwoodveneers.co.uk

Did you mean https://www.craftveneers.co.uk ? I checked them out, postage doesn't seem too bad at 5 GBP. I didn't go too far along the ordering process to see what other charges might be applied. But, that's the problem with shopping in the UK post-brexit, the costs have gone up and postage is an issue (although admittedly it's not bad on that site). The biggest problem seems to be the small size of the product. I was looking at European Walnut and most of the offerings are panels of around 20x32cm. Good for sending through the post, but more joins and messing for a novice like me.

I'm thinking of popping over to TP Veneer in Baldoyle. Recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Try the carpentry Store in Naas, or Abbey Woods in Baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I have used www.oakdalecrafts.co.uk a few times. They are great for small lengths and the veneer usually arrives nicely packed and rolled. Brexit is of course a pain but addresspal works although it will add an extra €9.50 to the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dathi

https://www.ebay.ie/str/maruwoodveneers?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

these guys are based in cork used them before they had a website but seem just to sell on ebay now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I can highly recommend Maik of Maru Wood Veneers in Cork as dathi above linked, he has a great range and if you contact him directly he may be able to do you a good deal. I'm not affiliated with him but have been a customer the past couple of years now and have never been disappointed.

Advertisement