Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Relationship breakdown

Options
  • 13-06-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭

Did ya ever have a a romance that came to an end almost as fast as it began? I remember years ago fancying the hole off a girl who worked in the local coffee shop. I eventually met her one night out on the town and ended up getting the shift. A few days later we had a date and that night we ended up sleeping with each other.
    I still cringe to this day thinking about it but after we had sex I remember we were lying there and I says to her "that was A1 Sharon" a la George Burgess from The Snapper.
    She freaked out and we never spoke to each other again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Back when I was young and good looking, at some outdoor music thing, quite late in the evening one very attractive girl more or less threw herself at me and we had a bit of smooching going on.

We agreed to meet again the following day and, immediately on seeing me again, she came out with : "oh, your eyes aren't blue at all..."

And that was the end of that.

The thing is ...my eyes change colour sometimes between different shades of green and blue...they might very well have been blue the previous evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was casually dating (or so I thought) a guy 5 years my senior. I'd known him 2 months and he wanted to have the talk about "us" . :P
    That didn't last long afterwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Did ya ever have a a romance that came to an end almost as fast as it began? I remember years ago fancying the hole off a girl who worked in the local coffee shop. I eventually met her one night out on the town and ended up getting the shift. A few days later we had a date and that night we ended up sleeping with each other.
    I still cringe to this day thinking about it but after we had sex I remember we were lying there and I says to her "that was A1 Sharon" a la George Burgess from The Snapper.
    She freaked out and we never spoke to each other again.

Please tell me it ended with you shouting "I'll always remember you, Sharon" at her as she went down an escalator in Dún Laoghaire Shopping Centre.

I was seeing someone for a while last year. Things got kind of serious way too quickly because her domestic situation wasn't great (she was house-sharing with a bunch of people who she didn't get along with). I live alone and I'm very tolerable (that's right, ladies...), so she ended up more or less unofficially moving in with me. None of which is a great basis for any budding relationship. Anyway, we didn't have a whole lot in common - she couldn't speak much English (we met on Tinder and she used Google translate when we were texting) and I couldn't speak a whole lot of her language either, although I made a decent effort to learn it. She was very homesick from the outset and it all ended quite abruptly when the pandemic was becoming a very real 'thing' and she decided to go home while it was still possible to get a flight.

It ended very quickly, but without major drama. Although there was a tearful airport scene.

Advertisement