Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflict of interest?

Options
  • 13-06-2021 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I recently received a letter from our local solicitor regarding the winding up of the Development Association that own the land that my house is on. They are offering to convert my premises from leasehold to freehold at no extra cost to me, except for Land Registry fees and any legal fees that may be charged by my solicitor.
    My question is, can I use the same solicitor that is representing the Development Association or would that be a conflict of interest? He would be my go-to solicitor for Wills, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If I'm correct, you must get advice from a different solicitor, but the one solicitor can do the transaction.

I would be tempted to have the different solicitor look over the paperwork.

Advertisement