Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam calls since the hse hack

Options
  • 12-06-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

I've gotten 3 scam calls since the hack. 1 from an Irish mobile number. Maybe it's coincidence but I never got any before. Or maybe they really are great investment opportunities delivered in 85% level of English. Has anyone invested with these cold calling entrepreneurs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Had a few from a Dublin number starting with 01 706. Haven't answered any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

My new motto is don’t ring any fcukers back or answer them unless I know who they are.
    The world is full of parasitic scum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

fizzypish wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 scam calls since the hack. 1 from an Irish mobile number. Maybe it's coincidence but I never got any before. Or maybe they really are great investment opportunities delivered in 85% level of English. Has anyone invested with these cold calling entrepreneurs?

Facebook and Fastway data was leaked all over web before the HSE hack. Much more likely it's from that than the HSE yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My new motto is don’t ring any fcukers back or answer them unless I know who they are.
    The world is full of parasitic scum

What was your old motto?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Had a few from a Dublin number starting with 01 706. Haven't answered any of them.

Could be esri. I got a call from them recently but was in sufficient doubt that I said I didn’t have the time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I keep a whistle by the phone.

If there is ever the merest bang of a scam off your call then you are getting the full blown whistle treatment. They usually hang up quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I keep a whistle by the phone.

If there is ever the merest bang of a scam off your call then you are getting the full blown whistle treatment. They usually hang up quite quickly.

I generally tell them im hard of hearing and that they'll have to speak up , i keep it up till they're roaring down the phone , the inevitable bomb threat follows along with warnings of dire consequences.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The last month I’ve had a couple of calls originating in Brazil and Indonesia - I never pick up and funnily enough, the caller never leaves a message.

I avoid picking up calls from numbers I don’t recognise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The last month I’ve had a couple of calls originating in Brazil and Indonesia - I never pick up and funnily enough, the caller never leaves a message.

I avoid picking up calls from numbers I don’t recognise.

That's a different scam. They want you to call back and get connected to a premium line number they own and they make money off that.

Advertisement