Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD Disc Wheel upgrade

• 12-06-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey folks
    I would like to upgrade the stock wheels (Giant PR2). I am thinking/ looking for something slightly better than a mavic askium price range. Ideally Ksyriums or something of that caliber.
    If anyone has a set of Disc wheels they would like to sell, please let me know .
    Cheers
    Dub 24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭longford76

I’ve a set of Hunt 4 Seasons I bought on here this time last year. I’d say I did 500km on them maybe. I bought them for €250 and would let go for €200 if you were interested? Been in the attic as sold the bike they were on.

Set up with thru axels but have the adapter for QR too.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058085156

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

longford76 wrote: »
    I’ve a set of Hunt 4 Seasons I bought on here this time last year. I’d say I did 500km on them maybe. I bought them for €250 and would let go for €200 if you were interested? Been in the attic as sold the bike they were on.

If Op doesn't want these. I'd be interested to run on a qr frame.

There was a set of Krysium discs from another poster about 2 weeks ago too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭dub 24

Cheers weepsie . Unfortunately the rear wheel skewer on those Ksyriums doesn't fit my bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

longford76 wrote: »

I'd be happy to take those for €200 if it doesn't work out with weepsie. With any luck you won't be able to find the QR adapters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If your looking for recommendations I’d recommend Fulcrum Racing 5 DB’s. I have around 5000kms on mine and they’ve been 100%. I replaced the bearings on the front wheel after I power washed the bike last winter as it was absolutely caked in mud and Shiite and I obviously went a little too hard on the front hub and it started getting rough a week or so later but other than that they’ve been excellent, both are still 100% true despite taking plenty of hard knocks and bumps on the crappy back roads I ride during winter.

• Advertisement

Thanks Weepsie and Paul for the interest. Working out logistics for meeting with Dub 24 but will let you know if doesn’t work out.

I did find the QR adapter axels 😀

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ah ****e. I for one hope it doesn't work out of course.

Dub 24, if you find something fancier let me know

Cheers cee-Jay-cee for
    the heads up on the fulcrum. I have committed to buying the Hunts from Longford 76 and am collecting this week.
    Thanks
    Dub 24

Wheels collected by dub 24 earlier today. Sorry to disappoint the other interested parties.

Hope they fit and work out for you dub 24.

Nice to meet you and pleasure doing the deal!

Thanks mate wheels are great hoping to get out tomorrow.
    Will post a review for anyone who is interested

• Advertisement
Advertisement