Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow car from Cork to Dublin/Dundalk

Options
  • 12-06-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hello all

I need to transport a non running 50 year old car from North of Cork City to Dundalk, (dublin might suit)
    Some years ago i used a very helpful Chap from cork. Today his price is more than i will pay.
    Last time he had another yoke on board and the price was OK.

This post is just in case anyone on here knows of someone who might be able to assist

I would enjoy the trip,the best option, but may be busy. It will cost me 100 euro for fuel and tolls, so 225/250 door to door would be ok.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

There are lots of companies that do this. Cheapest ones transport 5 or 10 cars on a transporter. If you are willing to wait a week or two that would be cheapest. Ring Cork based companies, and say in no hurry budget 180 euro.

Lots advertising on Facebook and the like, particularly when they are half full or empty for return leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

I used Towme.ie (085 874 5241) last year to collect a car in Youghal and bring it to me in Dublin.
    Very good service. Then he had a 2 car truck, now from Facebook I see he's running a trailer on it so
    rates might be a bit better. He's based in North Dublin but seemed to be in Cork at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd trying ringing a few lads in Cork, they might have an empty load and are traveling that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Welder,
    contacted yout people after hours,asked a high price, thendropped considerably. I imagine with plenty of notice, good deals are available
    Did not do a deal ,but quick response ,seems a good guy
    Thanks

Advertisement