Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DMD Chip replacement

Options
  • 12-06-2021 7:51am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Someone here might be able to help.

I have an old Optoma hd67n - usual Optoma problem. Looks like a hubble picture on the screen so I suspect its the dmd chip burnt out.

Any way 2 options - buy a new dmd and replace it or a new projector.

Anyone know where to source dmd chips?

Im not looking for anything stupidly expensive as we use it for movie nights with the kids.
    Problem is all this stupid marketing crap. The Optoma is 2000 ansi Lumens and bright as anything even during the day. Bought an "elephas" that's supposed to be 3500 lumens buts its ****.

Has anyone used the Neopix Prime 2 or Ultra 2 - - I have a few gift vouchers so can get one basically free but not sure about the brightness.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi Hellrazer,

I haven’t heard of anyone replacing a DMD - I’m sure it could be done but the tolerances would need to be dead on, so would need the correct tools, never mind actually sourcing the chip itself.

As an alternative to getting a “no name” projector (the web is awash with them, along with outlandish claims) could I suggest looking for a second hand one, Benq, Infocus, and Optoma projectors are usually available for about the same money, or a bit more, but performance would be in a different league.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Advertisement