Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beach in Clare?

Options
  • 11-06-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Thinking of going tomorrow with my wife and our 1 year old daughter and our small dog. What are people's recommendations for the best beach to visit in Clare?
    Will be our first time going with our baby so would like nice sand to make sand castles, etc. Also maybe nice shop or restaurant nearby the get ice cream and a meal.
    Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

****ing hell, what a nightmare of a question to ask, you're looking for a baby and dog friendly beach with loads of space with easy access to retail units while having points for sand quality.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

For me, having a baby and dog isn't an option, I can't imagine any beach will be dog friendly.

After that, Lahinch is always busy and tidal, Spanish Point would be great but parking can be difficult and you have the Armada for food. Personally, I'd be heading for Kilkee, if that doesn't work then head to Cross or to White Strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

tranquilo wrote: »
    Thinking of going tomorrow with my wife and our 1 year old daughter and our small dog. What are people's recommendations for the best beach to visit in Clare?
    Will be our first time going with our baby so would like nice sand to make sand castles, etc. Also maybe nice shop or restaurant nearby the get ice cream and a meal.
    Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Carrigaholt fits your bill. Generally quiet so easy to mind the dog and baby. Theres never more than a handful of people any time I've gone. Then you've The Long Dock for food and ice cream in the village. Never any trouble with parking or places being too busy or anything.

Lovely part of the world I wish I could spend more time in.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Carrigaholt fits your bill. Generally quiet so easy to mind the dog and baby. Theres never more than a handful of people any time I've gone. Then you've The Long Dock for food and ice cream in the village. Never any trouble with parking or places being too busy or anything.

Lovely part of the world I wish I could spend more time in.

Did you miss the beach part?! A pile of stones isn't a beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Did you miss the beach part?! A pile of stones isn't a beach!

That's only when the tide is in.

Plenty of sand there. It's where I do my running when I'm down and it's not on stones I'm running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Fanore.
    Went 2 weeks ago, cursed upon seeing the full carpark, bur there was so much space it was unreal.
    As regards swimming, fugged about it

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭tranquilo

Clareman wrote: »
    For me, having a baby and dog isn't an option, I can't imagine any beach will be dog friendly.

After that, Lahinch is always busy and tidal, Spanish Point would be great but parking can be difficult and you have the Armada for food. Personally, I'd be heading for Kilkee, if that doesn't work then head to Cross or to White Strand.

Ended up going to Kilkee. Had a great day there. Thanks everyone for the replies

Advertisement