Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your ATTAINABLE Dream Job?

Options
  • 10-06-2021 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's dream jobs are, based on their skillsets, interests, qualifications etc.

By that I don't mean somebody telling me sun lotion applicator for model photo shoots, or to be paid to eat ice cream. I mean what 'dream job' could you realistically aspire to achieve for yourself with some work or luck falling on your side?

I'm not even sure what my own would be. Just something less stressful with similar wages would be nice. I work in consultant engineering for a civil structural firm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

That depends.
    My dream job has always been film composer. That actually happening and making a living out of it is miniscule. Arguably it's not attainable insofar as even if you take all the steps (which I have), you either have the networks and get lucky, or you don't.

An attainable dream job is a remote software developer, which I am working towards.

I've done both music and acting on a semi professional level. If I could work in those industries with my current salary I'd consider that a dream job.

I'm not talking being famous or anything, just working in the industry at a local level.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

I would love to be self employed. Not to have a boss or anyone to answer too would be my dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would like to run a nice bar with decent food but have plenty of staff so I didn't have to close up late at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Trauma counsellor. I'm doing some work with trauma in my current job and in a volunteer role but still have a bit to go before I can do it full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Trance DJ/producer. Would love to do it but I'm too much of a procrastinator to get the motivation to learn how. Very attainable if I could tear myself away long enough from computer games and playing golf :)

Advertisement