Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Job hunting. Got a missed call. Is that my chance gone now?

• 10-06-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭ JackieChang

I got a missed call while I was making lunch. I've already called back twice now and no answer.

It could be a "dream job" that I applied for.

It's a land line and there's no results for it on Google.

Do HR folks generally call back at a later stage? Or is my CV now in the bin?

Should I call back a few times a day? Once a day? When to give up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭ KeithTS

How do you know it was for the job?

If it's your last chance because you missed a call, then you don't want to work there no matter how much of a dream job it seems.
    They'll likely follow up with an email or call again if they're interested in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ ClosedAccountFuzzy

Just phone them back on their main number and speak to someone involved in recruitment.

If they’re going to not continue on because you missed a single phone call, they’re extremely high handed and not very reasonable.

Would you want to work for a business that had you walking on eggshells like that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭ Strumms

If it was a potential employer and they want to hire you, they’ll call back..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Oink

Forget about it. If the person calling really wanted to talk to you they would have called back or left a message. You keep calling someone who no longer needs to talk to you, if it was even you were they were looking for in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭ ...Ghost...

Could have been Microsoft calling to ask you to log onto your computer and let them check for viruses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭ JustAThought

I got a missed call while I was making lunch. I've already called back twice now and no answer.

It could be a "dream job" that I applied for.

It's a land line and there's no results for it on Google.

Do HR folks generally call back at a later stage? Or is my CV now in the bin?

Should I call back a few times a day? Once a day? When to give up?

OP - send them an email - and let them know they you can schedule a conference call or zoom meeting at their convenience - they’ll know you’re interested and proactive.

I had a similar situation but there were too many jobs apps to figure out who it might have been - turns out it was a delivery guy trying to get a parcel into the house!!!

Advertisement