Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job hunting. Got a missed call. Is that my chance gone now?

Options
  • 10-06-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I got a missed call while I was making lunch. I've already called back twice now and no answer.

It could be a "dream job" that I applied for.

It's a land line and there's no results for it on Google.

Do HR folks generally call back at a later stage? Or is my CV now in the bin?

Should I call back a few times a day? Once a day? When to give up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

How do you know it was for the job?

If it's your last chance because you missed a call, then you don't want to work there no matter how much of a dream job it seems.
    They'll likely follow up with an email or call again if they're interested in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Just phone them back on their main number and speak to someone involved in recruitment.

If they’re going to not continue on because you missed a single phone call, they’re extremely high handed and not very reasonable.

Would you want to work for a business that had you walking on eggshells like that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,965 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If it was a potential employer and they want to hire you, they’ll call back..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Forget about it. If the person calling really wanted to talk to you they would have called back or left a message. You keep calling someone who no longer needs to talk to you, if it was even you were they were looking for in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Could have been Microsoft calling to ask you to log onto your computer and let them check for viruses.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I got a missed call while I was making lunch. I've already called back twice now and no answer.

It could be a "dream job" that I applied for.

It's a land line and there's no results for it on Google.

Do HR folks generally call back at a later stage? Or is my CV now in the bin?

Should I call back a few times a day? Once a day? When to give up?

OP - send them an email - and let them know they you can schedule a conference call or zoom meeting at their convenience - they’ll know you’re interested and proactive.

I had a similar situation but there were too many jobs apps to figure out who it might have been - turns out it was a delivery guy trying to get a parcel into the house!!!

Advertisement