Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Delays with new build.

Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ M90

Hi All,

I have put down a deposit on a new build in Kildare back in January. The completion date was March, then May and now mid-late June.

There are only 8 houses left to be completed (all appear to be at the same level of completion) in the estate (18 total). The other 10 are being lived in already.

My house has the kitchen in, outside paving is done, doors are on (minus the handles), skirting boards are on, we can see the flooring for downstairs is in but not laid, downstairs toilet seems to be completed (can't see upstairs) stairs aren't painted and it needs another coat of paint from what we can see.

Would any builders (or anyone in the know) have any idea on how long it would take for the reminder to be finished? Just an estimate obviously. Wondering if there is a possibility that we could actually snag this month.

We have emailed the estate agent but no response and TBH he isn't great with providing information at the best of times. I'm sure anyone who has gone through this process knows it's quite frustrating trying to make arrangements etc.

Cheers folks!