Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport stag party

Options
  • 09-06-2021 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping some of you could provide some suggestions for a Stag Party in the Westport area.

I've had a look at the Mescan Brewery tour, the escape room, some of the kayaking trips and we will probably do a bit of hiking but just wondering if there is anything else in particular worth doing.

The last thread on Westport Stags is almost two years old so looks like it needs a new thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Deiseen wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hoping some of you could provide some suggestions for a Stag Party in the Westport area.

I've had a look at the Mescan Brewery tour, the escape room, some of the kayaking trips and we will probably do a bit of hiking but just wondering if there is anything else in particular worth doing.

The last thread on Westport Stags is almost two years old so looks like it needs a new thread!

The greenway bike ride from mallarany back to westport will work up a thirst. Its not anything hectic but it's pleasant enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Deiseen

athlone573 wrote: »
    The greenway bike ride from mallarany back to westport will work up a thirst. Its not anything hectic but it's pleasant enough.

You know what, we all have surf and I didn't even think of this.

Great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Stag party timeline:

1 year out - Everyone is going.

2 months out - the excuses start.

2 weeks out - more excuses.

10 days out - change of numbers for activities & accommodation.

1 day - "**** them we'll have the craic anyway lads"

Day of ( Friday ) - arrive on site. Form great. Absolute haaaape of pints.

Main day - Saturday. Everyone is ****ed up and peaked at about 5am in the hotel bar. 1 third drag themselves to said activities muttering " **** it we better go ".

Based on nothing other than living close to Westport ( and in it for a while on the main st ) book 1 short simple activity for Saturday mid morning. Do it and go back on the sauce.

Or

Skip Friday if ye ain't big drinkers. Go to Westport early Saturday morning ( regardless of where in Ireland you live - the road trip is half the craic ) do a few activities with fresh heads and go full retard on the sauce Saturday evening.

Be fit for nothing Sunday but Sunday is fine for that. Otherwise your Saturday will be your Sunday.

Have a great time regardless of what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Deiseen wrote: »
    Hi All,

Footgolf is a bit if craic. Of it still going.

The Greenway could be done in phases. Stop at each town have a pint and keep going to Achill and the get the bus to collect you and bring you back to Westport.

Newport Mulranny Achill are the town's also Nevins for a fine feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Stag party timeline:

1 year out - Everyone is going.

2 months out - the excuses start.

2 weeks out - more excuses.

10 days out - change of numbers for activities & accommodation.

1 day - "**** them we'll have the craic anyway lads"

Day of ( Friday ) - arrive on site. Form great. Absolute haaaape of pints.

Main day - Saturday. Everyone is ****ed up and peaked at about 5am in the hotel bar. 1 third drag themselves to said activities muttering " **** it we better go ".

Based on nothing other than living close to Westport ( and in it for a while on the main st ) book 1 short simple activity for Saturday mid morning. Do it and go back on the sauce.

Or

Skip Friday if ye ain't big drinkers. Go to Westport early Saturday morning ( regardless of where in Ireland you live - the road trip is half the craic ) do a few activities with fresh heads and go full retard on the sauce Saturday evening.

Be fit for nothing Sunday but Sunday is fine for that. Otherwise your Saturday will be your Sunday.

Have a great time regardless of what you do.
    Ha yea pretty much it . I don't get why you have to do anything on a stag , I just don't bother with any of that. Doing it for the sake of doing it is pointless .
    Saving that if you want to do something do it before any pints and enjoy it, would you climb the reek ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ha yea pretty much it . I don't get why you have to do anything on a stag , I just don't bother with any of that. Doing it for the sake of doing it is pointless .
    Saving that if you want to do something do it before any pints and enjoy it, would you climb the reek ?

Not everyone is glued to the pubs lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

irishgeo wrote: »

Never said they were , but a stag weekend usually there is beer .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Footgolf is a bit if craic. Of it still going.

The Greenway could be done in phases. Stop at each town have a pint and keep going to Achill and the get the bus to collect you and bring you back to Westport.

Newport Mulranny Achill are the town's also Nevins for a fine feed.

Spotted a few recent posts on Facebook re the footgolf, seems to be still going. Not a bad Stag activity at all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PARlance wrote: »
    Spotted a few recent posts on Facebook re the footgolf, seems to be still going. Not a bad Stag activity at all.

Its great craic in that spot. The hotel do a good feed and few pints after as well. Matches will be on the TV.
    Its close by for me so I find it handy to go to.

Have done the cycling on the stags and its brilliant for recovery! :D

Westport Bike Shop could be a good option as they have the bus to pick ye up as well and Declan and Anthony will be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think some sort of mild activity is nearly more important for a boozing crew. I've been on some stags were day 2 is a complete mess by 9 or 10. Heading to the pub at 12 is a receipe for disaster in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

A few of us got up the Saturday morning and climbed the reek, I was still half cut. Had a nice few pints at the pub at the bottom after it. Was glad we did as the rest were well full when we got back to Westport and I was grand and fresh for the Saturday night.

Advertisement