Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

09 Audi A4 B8 - door locks/actuator

Options
  • 09-06-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions. I need all four locks replaced on my 09 A4 B8.

Unfortunately front passenger door won't open at all now, which has increased labour costs.

Been quoted 790e for Audi parts and 320e for labour.

I've rang my audi dealer and the parts is spot on, labour doesn't seem too bad either. 60e a door bar the one that's stuck which is 140e as unsure how long will take.

Without comprising on the quality of the parts does anyone think I could do better overall price wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Just looking for opinions. I need all four locks replaced on my 09 A4 B8.

Unfortunately front passenger door won't open at all now, which has increased labour costs.

Been quoted 790e for Audi parts and 320e for labour.

I've rang my audi dealer and the parts is spot on, labour doesn't seem too bad either. 60e a door bar the one that's stuck which is 140e as unsure how long will take.

Without comprising on the quality of the parts does anyone think I could do better overall price wise?

Get the parts from breakers and get the work done by and indie garage it's not complicated stuff that only audi garage can do. 4 locks and labour I'd say maybe 400 all in doing it that way. Correct me if I'm wrong but B8 is from 2008-2012? I wouldn't be going to main dealer with a car well out of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    Get the parts from breakers and get the work done by and indie garage it's not complicated stuff that only audi garage can do. 4 locks and labour I'd say maybe 400 all in doing it that way. Correct me if I'm wrong but B8 is from 2008-2012? I wouldn't be going to main dealer with a car well out of warranty

Yes its an 09. This is with my local indie garage. But they are getting genuine audi parts. It seems to be a pretty well documented issue with the A4 so getting second hand locks could mean the same issue reoccurring in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Yes its an 09. This is with my local indie garage. But they are getting genuine audi parts. It seems to be a pretty well documented issue with the A4 so getting second hand locks could mean the same issue reoccurring in a few years.

Oh right, yeah I had a 09 A4 also and had trouble with door actuators, cables, window regulators, if you're getting them new from audi there will be a warranty on the parts and by the time they fail again you probably won't have the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

All four locks , in my experience usually one lock is causing the problem which makes the other 3 malfunction due to the central locking functions. I'd fix the drivers door first and go from there.

Are you any way handy with tools, replacing door locks is easy stuff with basic tools.

Car99 wrote: »
    All four locks , in my experience usually one lock is causing the problem which makes the other 3 malfunction due to the central locking functions. I'd fix the drivers door first and go from there.

Are you any way handy with tools, replacing door locks is easy stuff with basic tools.

I own tools but the jury's out on whether I'm handy... Most I've ever done carwise would be new headlights.

The labour costs aren't that bad tbh. 60e a door bar the one that won't open at all. It's more the cost of the parts :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I own tools but the jury's out on whether I'm handy... Most I've ever done carwise would be new headlights.

The labour costs aren't that bad tbh. 60e a door bar the one that won't open at all. It's more the cost of the parts :o

YouTube is your friend

Car99 wrote: »
    YouTube is your friend

I just watched a YouTube video of somebody trying to get a jammed back door open and tbh the 140e for labour seems just about right :pac:

I might get the jammed passenger door done and look to fix the back doors further down the road.

Advertisement