Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2nd hand house - layout map is for different plan and garage location

• 08-06-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Selling my aunts house (RIP). She had a file of the planning permision and its all upto date except the site layout map shows house of a different size and double garage in a different location. I checked with planning office - they only have old layout map (clearly a different shape of house and garage location. Planning was granted and built on correct upto date plans, but did reference old layout map.. This is obviously a discrepancy, which over a pint, local builder told me sometimes happens. Garage is still within boundaries, but is at another end of house and main house is substantially incorrect location.

Would/should a potential vendor object to this. How would we get this cleared up -is there anything I should do now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭Tow

How may years so was it built?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

G-Man wrote: »
    Selling my aunts house (RIP). She had a file of the planning permision and its all upto date except the site layout map shows house of a different size and double garage in a different location. I checked with planning office - they only have old layout map (clearly a different shape of house and garage location. Planning was granted and built on correct upto date plans, but did reference old layout map.. This is obviously a discrepancy, which over a pint, local builder told me sometimes happens. Garage is still within boundaries, but is at another end of house and main house is substantially incorrect location.

Would/should a potential vendor object to this. How would we get this cleared up -is there anything I should do now.

Quite common with one offs. They are altered on site.
    You may need retention to retain it in its current position.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tow wrote: »
    How may years so was it built?

7 year rule is irrelevant if it’s being sold. It’s not planning compliant so any new buyer won’t be able to draw down funds on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

Thanks - House is over 7 years old. Design plans for garage look exact, but as said it was built on different part of site.. Thanks for answers - might have to prep for retention.

Advertisement