Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbnb no-show

Options
  • 08-06-2021 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had an Airbnb booking confirmed, but the host was a no-show? When we contacted the host he said he hadn't rented out the house for a year, I contacted Air BnB and they said the money was sent to the host. I'm just wondering what are the chances of getting my money back here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I found the AirBnB customer service section helpful when I had an issue with a host cancelling before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

finbarrk wrote: »
    I found the AirBnB customer service section helpful when I had an issue with a host cancelling before.

They phoned me and it's sorted, got a full refund. The host had automatic booking switched on even though the place isn't available at the moment.

Advertisement