Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi pizza oven €32.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Interesting, cannot see the max temp anywhere even in a google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Weighs 15.15kg - that's over 3 times the Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

GY A1 wrote: »
    Just spotted this
    https://www.aldi.ie/ambiano-pizza-maker/p/711757479198800
    Looks similar to the Ferrari version ,
    It doesn’t say how hot it gets tho
    Think the Ferrari one went over 300 degrees which is needed ,

I had a Ferrari a few years back and it went up to 390c, it made great pizza too at those temperatures. fwiw the Ferrari is 1,200 watts as is this Aldi version but as you said the blurb doesnt say its max temperature.

Its a great price for 33 euro though, Id say they will fly out the door early in the morning of sale.

Link seems to be broken? What date is this due in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Looked like it was supposed to be tomorrow, but not showing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I had a Ferrari a few years back and it went up to 390c, it made great pizza too at those temperatures.

Significantly better than an oven + pizza stone? Curious and interested!

Significantly better than an oven + pizza stone? Curious and interested!

Yes, defintely better than a oven + stone. Domestic ovens only get up to 230-250c which is nowhere near hot enough to make good pizza. You really need something around 400c because thats the temperature that the dough reacts and rises up to make air pockets in the crust.

There is a huge thread on pizza ovens over on the Food forum. When it started most there had a G3 Ferrari so you can read lots of reviews of it. Most of us have now moved on to the outdoor Ooni but the Ferrari is still a great little oven for indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

uk link

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ambiano-pizza-maker/p/703729393101801

assume it didnt make it to ireland ?

but a hotdog bun toaster did what use is that !

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I doubt this oven will get as hot as the Ferrari one (they would've stated the max temperature if so as that is a big selling point for the Ferrari).
    The Ferrari has a refractive stone bottom and on the top part the heating elements are exposed (like that of an over) as opposed to this one having another metal plate that can be used a grill (a bit gimmicky IMO)
    Also, the Ferrari's bottom surface is flush meaning that you can use a pizza peel to lay your raw pizza on top of its 400 degree surface (a task that takes a bit of practice!). The base on this one is indented so not sure how you get the raw pizza in it if not when the plate is cold which would negate that whole rising action that's supposed to happen when the dough hits that level of heal.
    IMO this looks like a waffle maker dressed up a pizza oven. i'd steer clear even at 32.99

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It says it has a non stick surface which would put further doubts on it getting to a decent temperature, as the vast majority of non stick coatings are ruined at high temps.

It says 15.15kg but I wonder if that is a typo.

The uk site has a different looking one which is 3.6kg
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/ambiano-pizza-maker/p/703729393101801

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

When is this actually on sale here in Ireland then seeing as it did not come in on Thursday?

If it wasnt available Thursday as advertised I would doubt it will become available at all in the coming week. They might run it again later in the summer but theres no guarantees with Aldis specials

Advertisement