Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eye of the Round Roast... slow cooker ?.

• 07-06-2021 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just returned from in laws house on the weekend and MIL had a beautiful roast for us all

She cooked same on a Stanley range for 4-5 hours on the top Of the cooker in a pot. It was lovely

I dont have a range... so was gonna attempt same in a Slow Cooker.

Any recommendations for me ??

Or should I do it in a fan assisted oven?? Any recommendation on this methods...

Would prefer to go slow cooker if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭con747

Masala wrote: »
    Hi all

Just returned from in laws house on the weekend and MIL had a beautiful roast for us all

She cooked same on a Stanley range for 4-5 hours on the top Of the cooker in a pot. It was lovely

I dont have a range... so was gonna attempt same in a Slow Cooker.

Any recommendations for me ??

Or should I do it in a fan assisted oven?? Any recommendation on this methods...

Would prefer to go slow cooker if possible.

A recipe here https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235327/slow-cooker-eye-of-round-roast-with-vegetables/ You could just use or replace different flavours to suit your tastes.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

con747 wrote: »
    A recipe here https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235327/slow-cooker-eye-of-round-roast-with-vegetables/ You could just use or replace different flavours to suit your tastes.

Thanks a million.. that looks nice AND I have all the ingredients in my cupboard

Except Beef Broth!!? Is that an Oxo cube in qtr pint of water???

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

I often do eye of the round in the slow cooker. Usually brown off beef joint in pan first, season, then put on a bed of carrots in slow cooker with a beef stock pot and some water. Cook for around 5 or 6 hours on low. Make gravy from stock in the pot. Turns out tender, but not pink in middle if you like it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭con747

Masala wrote: »
    Thanks a million.. that looks nice AND I have all the ingredients in my cupboard

Except Beef Broth!!? Is that an Oxo cube in qtr pint of water???

Beef broth or Beef stock can be used to replace each other with no huge taste difference.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement