Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree branches disposal

Options
  • 07-06-2021 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi There

I cut down some old dead trees from my garden recently and trimmed some others. But I noticed the new rules you cant burn dead branches or leaves etc without getting "permission" from the council and paying a fee.

Is there a good cheap removal service to dispose of trees and branches in Dublin West area?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

How big are the branches? I.e. would they be easily mulched?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

How big are the branches? I.e. would they be easily mulched?

Too big I’d be at it all year. I have access to mulching machine alright. To be honest brown bins so expensive, and include my time and sanity not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭fiacha

pugleon wrote: »

Is there a good cheap removal service to dispose of trees and branches in Dublin West area?

What is your budget ?
    How much waste is there ?
    Have you cut it all into lengths, or are the trees / branches as they fell ?

Beware of cheap "man with a van" waste collection adverts, as there is a chance that it will end up fly-tipped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

at least it's natural biodegradable waste if it is tipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Any pals want firewood... free to take away.

If dead prior to cutting it might season quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Best bet is finding a culchie with a tractor and trailer.
    You'll pay a fortune to someone who tells you you need a permit and how much it costs to dispose of garden waste... It will end up in the same place regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So long as it not palm someone will take it off ur hands for firewood

They're those evergreen style trees/bushes you see everywhere. Dont know any farmers I'm in an estate near citywest. No good as firewood either since its evergreen more bush than a tree really.

Theres six in total. I've cut them down to about 5 feet tall each. Then copped them down. So theres a mix of full trees (6) and branches as well.

Theres also some other small bushes Id like to dig up and get rid off so was hoping for a few names, companys that people have dealt with. Do deal in garden waste by the van load maybe.

Anyone able to recommend a good cut trees removal service? Ideally one doesnt dump the stuff and treats the waste correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭fiacha

Citybin and mulch.ie do garden waste collections. Not sure on the prices but both of those will compost the material.

• Advertisement
Advertisement