Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Padded shorts

• 07-06-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up some new padded shorts for under my baggies, I usually wear bib shorts from back in my roadie days but I'm wondering if there are alternatives that don't cost an arm and a leg. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to pick up some new padded shorts for under my baggies, I usually wear bib shorts from back in my roadie days but I'm wondering if there are alternatives that don't cost an arm and a leg. Any recommendations?

I use Endura's click-fast liner which has small stud-press hooks at points around the circumference of the waist band that'll hitch up to the inside of the brands own shorts and trousers so you don't end up sliding around inside your baggies. Grip strips on the thighs to stop the liner chaffing the skin by moving around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I have Endura shorts with the click in as well. Handy but expensive and for short rides I chanced getting a cheap pair from Amazon - decent enough and have lasted reasonably well for a year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P9X8BKP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently 45% off £10.98 and then take off the VAT (until 1st July) and they are a bit of a steal @ GBP 5.03. Just ordered another pair to keep aside.
    35/36 inch waist is size L - fitted well before lockdown anyhow.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if ur trying to move away from bib shorts or that they cost to much but lately I needed some bib shorts and I tried a company I saw got good reviews .... Didoo sports ....

I saw them reviewed on Trace Velo YouTube channel and they cost me 20 euro each and I have to say I feel they are a bargain...

I found they didn't post direct to Ireland for some reason but bought them through there amazon account...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Also an ex roadie so im using some good quality bib shorts ,sometimes i wear regular sports type shorts over them but im considering buying some Endura Hummvee II shorts with Liner as reviews seem good.
    There are times i might want to head out for a short spin but cant be arsed getting into bib shorts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Peter T

Something I use are tri shorts for the long spins. The pad is slimmer then normal bib shorts for running. Not sure on the cost really. I only use them for the longer days riding. If I'm just doing 2 or 3 enduro stages then its just underwear and shorts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement