Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with our garden wall

Options
  • 07-06-2021 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

We have a tiny garden, and the walls are exposed brick. Id like to get them plastered and painted, but wondering if that is very expensive? I'll def get someone to do it but would like a ball park so I don't get totally ripped off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

detoxkid wrote: »
    We have a tiny garden, and the walls are exposed brick. Id like to get them plastered and painted, but wondering if that is very expensive? I'll def get someone to do it but would like a ball park so I don't get totally ripped off

What size is the wall? I've just had three quotes for a wall to be plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

What size is the wall? I've just had three quotes for a wall to be plastered.

What price range of quotes did you get? Also looking into getting a garden wall plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Trellis is the way to go. The walls would look much better with greenery and you'd get more privacy with tall growing plants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Is it possible to just paint the wall? It may be less expensive than plastering.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYAAUmRwn0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

It will depend on size of area to be plastered.

Then what finish you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

If you don’t want the expense of plastering, I suggest painting as shown in that woodies video and then growing plants up the walls.

For me, white garden walls are a bad decision. They stand out too much and will be begging to be repainted after a few years. I think greens and blues work best in the garden. Natural tones that will blend in with the greenery. You could also throw in some bold colours like a feature wall or shed/side door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Would you not try it yourself as it's a small garden.
    Some cement render and a trowel and hawk plus some plastering sand and some bags of cement depending on the size of the job.

I'm not a plasterer myself but I enjoy trying these small DIY jobs myself and the garden is ideal, as the wife says, I can't destroy anything!!

A few you tube videos and you'll be grand.

Advertisement