Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blight Control

Options
  • 07-06-2021 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hey all,
    I did my first spray with bayern I think its called last week, it says complete every 10 days for a maximum of 4 times.

my question is if i do this then I am finished spraying in the first half of July, will this really protect the potatoes for remainder of july and into august

I am wondering does the spray only work for 10 days or does it build up ammunity over the 4 sprays to last the season

hoping someone can advice
    thanks
    Reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭regvw

any ideas would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I use bluestone and washing soda. It was the original solution to blight.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Bill Hook

No idea I'm afraid, but it sounds fierce complicated. I don't use any sprays. I grow blight resistant varieties and cut off the foliage as soon as I see signs of blight. Lots of blight last year but the tubers were plentiful and healthy.

Advertisement