Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC2021 - exactly what is being released to students?

Options
  • 06-06-2021 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

I know students are getting best of both grades, be it AG or result of paper.

A few days later they will get further information, such as orals and projects etc., but will they be able to get both teacher grade and SEC AG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Probably. Why wouldn’t they be entitled to everything? Is it not their data, according to GDPR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I've no problem them getting all data, it's just that I've read they will, and also read they won't but can't see official statement on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Last year they got the rankings even though initially we were told they wouldn't. I think the official results are supposed to only have one grade as normal (there'd be confusion otherwise) but I assume a student could FOI the info if so inclined.

Given there will be downgrades if imagine some students will want to see both. Also for appeals, no point appealing a predicted grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To save people downloading.
    555307.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

How do you appeal the accredited grade? With all the records destroyed bar the Christmas ect grades. I wonder will there be more appeals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

You can only appeal the process, not the actual grade.

Review of AG system was promised last year by NF but never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

What will the schools get back (if anything?), will teachers just see one grade?
    Will we ever know if that is:
    a) the accredited grade given by teacher
    b) what the student got in the exam
    c) the accredited after going through whatever process it’s going through (either up or down)

Advertisement