Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamped concrete v patio slabs

Options
  • 06-06-2021 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

My friend gave me the idea of stamped concrete. I never heard of it but it looks nice and sounds like a great alternative to weeds breaking up thro slabs. Any advice?

Comments

misc2013 wrote: »
    My friend gave me the idea of stamped concrete. I never heard of it but it looks nice and sounds like a great alternative to weeds breaking up thro slabs. Any advice?

Like a lot of things, it looks well at the start but it fades and can look shabby after a few years. The colour can be redone, though.

Is it for a drive or a patio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Masala

Make sure there are expansion joints put in..... cos it is really a big yard on cement with a design. It will crack if no room is allowed for it to expand.

And get the slope right.... otherwise puddles will form and look dirty when they dry up

Also... whilst they can be painted again... there is very little choice of pa8nt. We could only find B&Q who stock it... and red was the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭elperello

misc2013 wrote: »

It's really a matter of personal preference.

Weeds won't be problem with slabs if the job is done right.

+1 on the expansion joints if you go for the concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Like a lot of things, it looks well at the start but it fades and can look shabby after a few years. The colour can be redone, though.

Is it for a drive or a patio?

Small patio. 5sq metres.

Advertisement