Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of feedback from Local Authorities

Options
  • 06-06-2021 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Looking for some guidance, my family and I are considering moving to the north west, in order to do this I would need to secure full time employment, for job security reasons I am targeting Local Authorities (LA)so far I have applied for three different positions with one LA but they have never acknowledged my applications. I have previously applied for positions with other LA's and typically they have acknowledged my applications, called me for interviews or advised I was considered unsuitable etc. I am considering reaching out to them to see what is happening, would this be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Hello everyone,

Looking for some guidance, my family and I are considering moving to the north west, in order to do this I would need to secure full time employment, for job security reasons I am targeting Local Authorities (LA)so far I have applied for three different positions with one LA but they have never acknowledged my applications. I have previously applied for positions with other LA's and typically they have acknowledged my applications, called me for interviews or advised I was considered unsuitable etc. I am considering reaching out to them to see what is happening, would this be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes they take a long time to get through process. I’d be looking at other options also if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭BrianD3

No harm in ringing the HR dept, it wouldn't be held against you or considered "canvassing" if that's what you are worried about.

Of course you shoudn't have to ring. The problem is that local authorities are little kingdoms and vary a lot in terms of competence and customer service. In general, the more rural the county, the worse it is. If this is Donegal County Council you have applied to I have heard that it is bad and there are some very poor reviews on Glassdoor.

Advertisement