Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD frame and partial groupset for turbo

• 05-06-2021 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm trying to get ahead of the winter rush here :D

Looking for a frame and some bits for a turbo mounted bike for next winter. I put my summer Giant TCR on it last year and want to move it off next winter.

What's out there for cheap?
    I ride a Giant TCR medium size and am still on Shimano 10 speed on all my road bikes so something of similar size to that with 10 speed would be suitable.

Ideally I'm looking for frame, bars, stem (I use a 90 mm with the TCR), crank (172.5mm), 10 speed STI levers, derailleurs, seat pin, saddle (Flite or SLR maybe or similar)

Don't need brakes or wheels obviously. Might or might not need forks depending on what set up I build.

Anyone got anything suitable? I wouldn't rule out something like an aluminium frame that needs a crack welding either as I can do this myself.
    Located in Kerry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It sounds like you already have a great turbo bike and need to get yourself a new summer bike :D

Plenty of all kinds on adverts.ie you'd probably be better off buying a complete bike and selling off the wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭gn3dr

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It sounds like you already have a great turbo bike and need to get yourself a new summer bike :D

Plenty of all kinds on adverts.ie you'd probably be better off buying a complete bike and selling off the wheels.

Thanks. I do love the TCR so want to avoid dripping sweat on it.
    Been keeping an eye on Adverts alright for something cheap. Probably not the best time of year to be looking in hindsight.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've a cheap 5600 derailleurs and shifters and bars available. This was on here but is now on adverts. Have a tiagra chainset too that needs bolts.

They were on my turbo bike.

I have a trek frame too on adverts that ilwas my turbo bike.

I'm in Dublin. Components easy enough to send, not, somuch the frame

Thanks for that. I had seen those alright but thought the shifters looked to have had a hard life. I'll have a look at what comes up closer to home and might get back to you if I don't find anything suitable.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No worries. Sure let me know. It's a good few years old alright but functional anyway.

Not entirely sure how the faceplate got the chip/crack as it's on a bike I know i never had a fall of any sort from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Trekker09

gn3dr wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for a frame and some bits for a turbo mounted bike for next winter. I put my summer Giant TCR on it last year and want to move it off next winter.

I ride a Giant TCR medium size and am still on Shimano 10 speed on all my road bikes so something of similar size to that with 10 speed would be suitable.

Ideally I'm looking for frame, bars, stem (I use a 90 mm with the TCR), crank (172.5mm), 10 speed STI levers, derailleurs, seat pin, saddle (Flite or SLR maybe or similar)

Don't need brakes or wheels obviously. Might or might not need forks depending on what set up I build.

Anyone got anything suitable? I wouldn't rule out something like an aluminium frame that needs a crack welding either as I can do this myself.
    Located in Kerry.

I have a mint steel Holdsworth Competition frameset for sale:

https://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/holdsworth-competition-frameset/28331559

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

i have a partial 6700 groupset - rear and front derailleur, sti levers, should also have a set of brakes either 6700 or 6600, have to check. 6700 bits are in excellent condition as they have been in storage for the last five years, before that they had very light use indeed. Either brakeset will also be in very good condition. Cranksets - I have a couple of 6600 compact cranksets 170mm crank length - all in excellent condition. let me know if interested and I can post pictures for you. I'm in Kerry also.

Trekker09 wrote: »
    I have a mint steel Holdsworth Competition frameset for sale:

https://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/holdsworth-competition-frameset/28331559

Hi. Thanks..nice frame but I'm looking for something much cheaper. Hard to justify another bike to myself just for turbo use so it has to be cheap

bsb1971 wrote: »
    i have a partial 6700 groupset - rear and front derailleur, sti levers, should also have a set of brakes either 6700 or 6600, have to check. 6700 bits are in excellent condition as they have been in storage for the last five years, before that they had very light use indeed. Either brakeset will also be in very good condition. Cranksets - I have a couple of 6600 compact cranksets 170mm crank length - all in excellent condition. let me know if interested and I can post pictures for you. I'm in Kerry also.

Hi. Yes please send me some pics and guideline prices please. Cranks are too short at 170 mm unfortunately. I'm on 172.5 so would like to keep it the same on all bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭1971bsb

I'm away till Tuesday, will post pics and pricing then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

gn3dr wrote: »
    Hi

Located in Kerry.

Hey,
    I’ve got an aluminium Trek size 54 (medium) that might be of interest.
    Good condition, 8 speed groupset.
    Will be fully serviced prior to sale.
    More info available if you think it will be suitable.
    Cheers, Nicholas

Hey,
    I’ve got an aluminium Trek size 54 (medium) that might be of interest.
    Good condition, 8 speed groupset.
    Will be fully serviced prior to sale.
    More info available if you think it will be suitable.
    Cheers, Nicholas

Thanks but only looking at 10 speed. Might have sourced a full bike in Kerry. Just need to arrange viewing.

Advertisement