Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem when charging iphone in car..??

Options
  • 03-06-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have a problem when charging my iphone in the car.. and its driving me mad.. I have a bluetooth stereo.. say I'm listening to the radio and then plug in my iphone to charge, it automatically starts playing music from the itunes app on my phone (changing from radio to music).. and always the 1st song in my itunes (default seems to be alphabetical order).. its driving me mad and really turning me off said song (though its a band i love).. grr.. any ideas? dunno whether the prob is down to my car stereo or phone,..
    TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Does it in my Opel too. It thinks its an iPod. I just click back to radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Had that same feature occur in an Audi A5 I used to own. Also happen to love the song that was played first each and every time. To solve that I created smart playlists with random sort orders and that worked for me. Another suggestion is to use a silent audio file with the name aa01 so that the interruption would at least be silent.

Happily a more recent car has improved the experience. Apple's CarPlay defaults to the last used app and carries on from where it was. So Apple Music, or Spotify in my case works as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just wondering are people still using iTunes on phones for music or do they mean Apple music?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭sporina

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just wondering are people still using iTunes on phones for music or do they mean Apple music?

I just checked - the app on my phone is just called "music" - Itunes on my laptop (whats where I transfer my music from)

Not v tech savvy so I dunno anymore.. i have an iphone 7..

sporina wrote: »
    I just checked - the app on my phone is just called "music" - Itunes on my laptop (whats where I transfer my music from)

Not v tech savvy so I dunno anymore.. i have an iphone 7..

Yes, that's "Apple Music" app where you can play your library or subscribe to their streaming service.

I was confused as I just don't use iTunes or syncing to phone, I just subscribe to Apple Music and stream everything I want from it. Much more convenient and no space taken up on the phone.

Not sure if that helps your Bluetooth problem though, could be a setting within the radio itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

One solution is to use a generic cig lighter USB charger or a wireless charger instead of the cars built in USB.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    One solution is to use a generic cig lighter USB charger or a wireless charger instead of the cars built in USB.

More of a workaround than a solution and a bit messy.

One other option would be to go to settings-mobile data- and scroll down and disable music from using cellular data so it should stop it playing, not sure if that will stop it playing locally stored music.

I'd also check the car radio and look for any autoplay settings within it and switch that off.

ha ha - great idea! thanks.

One other option would be to go to settings-mobile data- and scroll down and disable music from using cellular data so it should stop it playing, not sure if that will stop it playing locally stored music.

I'd also check the car radio and look for any autoplay settings within it and switch that off.

will look into those thanks..

went to buy one of these today and the girl in the shop told me that it won't resolve my prob.. she told me I could get one from amazon that will work - sussed that out but doesn't seem to be available for my iphone (although I contacted the seller so we will see..

changed setting on phone so will try that tomorrow..

no autoplay settings on car radio - but I did find a thing called "animations"? what does that mean in the context of a car radio?

Advertisement