Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Grade VII - Salary Scale

Options
  • 03-06-2021 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I have an upcoming interview with the HSE and I don't understand the salary scale. I have more than 30 years experience in the private sector where salary is negotiated during interview so have no clue what it means to quote different salaries for the same post.

Included in the Terms and conditions, under Remuneration is
    The Salary scale as at 1st October 2020 for the post is:
    €50,834 €52,074, €53,527, €54,982, €56,444, €57,748, €59,077, €60,369, €61,653, €63,864, €66,081 LSIs

Can anyone explain to me what the scale means and how to go about negotiating the best rate for myself?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

jordata wrote: »
    I have an upcoming interview with the HSE and I don't understand the salary scale. I have more than 30 years experience in the private sector where salary is negotiated during interview so have no clue what it means to quote different salaries for the same post.

€50,834 €52,074, €53,527, €54,982, €56,444, €57,748, €59,077, €60,369, €61,653, €63,864, €66,081 LSIs

Can anyone explain to me what the scale means and how to go about negotiating the best rate for myself?

Thank you

The scale is annual increments up to the max. LSI is long service increment. I'm not sure negotiation really comes into it for these roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

The scale is exactly what a new employee will be on, unless you are already in the HSE you will start at the first point on the scale which is non negotiable. A current HSE employee who may be on the top end of a G6 will start on the next increment at the 7 scale so may start on the 3rd or 4th point. I have heard of exceptions being made if the new employee was in as a contractor for a period of time before moving into a HSE role.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thank you

You wont be negotiating anything . Its not often you can start at any other point than the lowest on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Thank you. Much more straight forward than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I know you didn’t ask this but most HSE interviews follow a similar format - competency based. Have examples of situations when you have exhibited each of the competencies (more examples than on your application form) and use the STAR format for answering / situation, task, action, results. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Thank you. Much more straight forward than I thought.

Best of luck for your interview.

Advertisement