Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Pride Month 2021!

Options
  • 02-06-2021 8:12pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So June is here, the month of LGBT Pride. :cool:

11417_32441332_f7a915bf-d96f-40c8-9cd5-7f914138f43a.jpeg

Normally there would be the big parade in Dublin city centre at the end of this month but it will be postponed for a second year in a row. The scene is still very dead given the restrictions on bars, pubs and clubs.

But there will still be events taking place, many of them online and a “digital” parade.

Link to Dublin Pride 2021:
    https://dublinpride.ie/

So, any of yous planning to mark Pride Month this year? Social media is full of it the past few days, so it’s hard not to notice! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I was honestly not looking forward to it because we still wont have restrictions fully lifted, and last year was so depressing :(, but I read the pride guide for this year and theres a lot in it, hopefully it'll be alot of fun :D

Happy pride everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

I'm still upset there is no organised meet ups anywhere. Surely a number of outdoor events with limited attendees could be organised across the city each weekend to spread out the numbers of people attending? Last year was meant to be my first year going since coming out! I missed 2 years now, and I wanted to use it as an opportunity to meet new people. I am the only gay person I know, and the minute you mention you aren't looking for fun on Grindr people go mute.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

No thread on Pride would be complete without this little number... :cool:

Gloria Gaynor - I Am What I Am (1984)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The original is still the best

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm still upset there is no organised meet ups anywhere. Surely a number of outdoor events with limited attendees could be organised across the city each weekend to spread out the numbers of people attending? Last year was meant to be my first year going since coming out! I missed 2 years now, and I wanted to use it as an opportunity to meet new people. I am the only gay person I know, and the minute you mention you aren't looking for fun on Grindr people go mute.

Maybe goto other social events

Lots on meetup.com like Wet and Wild etc etc

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement