Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with dates on cv

Options
  • 02-06-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I worked in companies through 2 recruiters which I have on my cv. The first is 2012-2016 and the recruiter confirmed this. However I asked the second recruiter for a reference and they said I worked 2014-2016 (I have 2016-2018 on my cv as these were the correct dates I assumed as I worked straight after the first job)... they are adamant that their dates are correct and there is no arguing with them.. how do I explain this to a prospective employer? What dates should I write on my cv in future? I’m very confused

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Write the dates you worked there on your CV and if it is queried, say its a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marymoore

Write the dates you worked there on your CV and if it is queried, say its a typo.

Thanks, do you mean pretend I typed it wrong or the agency did??

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Hi OP,

If you could find maybe your contract or offer emails/letters etc. You can submit a GDPR request to have the dates ammended although I would imagine the dates are probably correct, they likely used the dates pulled from payroll.

As a recruiter myself I don't think you will have any issues with dates, if they want to hire you they will. I'd stick to your dates if you believe they are correct and just say the agency made a mistake if you ever get any queries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Surely your bank statements or Revenue record will prove who you worked for and when?

Stand over your truths and let their shoddy records be their problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yes, it's not the long ago, surely the OP must still have his records - bank statements, pay slips etc....

I would not be so quick to assume the agencies records are wrong. They will be working of payroll data, backed up by revenue returns, accounting procedures and most likely a company audit. So employers would be more inclined to accept their records.

• Advertisement
Advertisement